Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheapest cab to Shannon airport?

Options
  • 02-12-2006 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

What is the cheapest cab from Limerick city centre to Shannon Airport on a wednesday night? Need to check in at 4am :(

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Dunno what the cheapest is but here are some numbers to try:

061 313131
    061 414141
    061 417417
    061 414444
    061 415566

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Best to go for one of the hackney companies, the plated taxis you are leaving the fare in the lap of the gods as some charge by the meter and some don't.

The new taxi regeime means that they can meter you all the way to shannon whereas before you agreed a price before you left.

Then of course, Taxi Christmas begins at the start of december so expect to be screwed with al the companies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

I found these rates going the other way .....

http://www.shannonairport.com/to-from/bytaxi.html

From Shannon Airport to: €
    Shannon Town Centre / Oakwood Arms Hotel 8
    Smithstown, Shannon 9
    Bunratty 20
    Limerick City 32
    Castletroy, Limerick 42
    Raheen, Limerick 42
    Ennis 32
    Two Mile Inn / Radisson Hotel 26
    Clare Inn / Dromoland Castle 26
    Ballycasey 10
    Sixmilebridge 22
    Scariff / Killaloe 60

How do they sound I wonder? .... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭radioman

All of the taxis at the airport have an agreed fare of €30 to the city written into their terms. I wouldn't pay any more than that going the other way. Call a few numbers and get an agreed fare before booking. Don't forget to set your alarm clock

Advertisement