Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TomTom One - Query

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

ah yeah saw that on the TT site last night and tried that about 10 times to no avail

got the problem sorted, the helpdesk on the Tom Tom website emailed me instructions and software to reinstall onto the tom tom through my laptop and voila it's working perfectly again

really impressed with the sheer speed and preciseness of them identifying the and solving the problem (though probably helped that i detailed everything i had done already) having experienced online support tickets many times before i didnt hold out much hope but i was gladly wrong , BIG THUMBS UP to Tom Tom customer support :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

WHat version of the mapping does the TomTom One Europe come with?
    Navtec 2006 Q2??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 tonykeogh@hotma

The TomTom site says the TomTom One v2 Europe (for €350) has full coverage for Ireland and quotes Navteq maps which will guide you to "any address in Western Europe".

It also says the regional version (for €250) has "99%" coverage for Republic of Ireland but mentions TeleAtlas maps on the same page. I've seen the reports of poor TeleAtlas coverage for Ireland. Have these been improved in the v2 maps or else how can they claim 99% coverage?

Would like to hear the experience of anyone who has bought the new (v2) regional unit - how have you found it outside Dublin and off main roads? Or even in Dublin in newish areas??? Thanks for any feedback.

And where is the cheapest place to get one? Thanks.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Check this thead http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055069972

Halfords in Liffey Valley have some kind of special offer on at the moment which is not advertised, even through they are displaying €349 on shelf you pay €299.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 latouffe

and in desperate need of my tomtom as i go away at then end of the week could you let me know what you did??

cheers

miju wrote:
    got the problem sorted, the helpdesk on the Tom Tom website emailed me instructions and software to reinstall onto the tom tom through my laptop and voila it's working perfectly again

really impressed with the sheer speed and preciseness of them identifying the and solving the problem (though probably helped that i detailed everything i had done already) having experienced online support tickets many times before i didnt hold out much hope but i was gladly wrong , BIG THUMBS UP to Tom Tom customer support :):)

get onto the Tom Tom support through their website and submit a help ticket. when submitting the help ticket make sure you describe your problem in as much detail as possible and anything you done to try and fix it.

tenner bets they'll be able to fix it for you with the first answer they provide. they are very quick in getting back to you so you should have a response by tomorrow afternoon with the solution to your woes

Advertisement