Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8800GTX owners get PUNKED!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

PUNKED you say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

The Inquirer & reliable information - does not compute!

Fuad doesn't have a clue about 3D graphics in general so really don't take anything he says too seriously.

If you want to take any old rumour a 3D Mark score on B3D claimed to be from R600 showed it was only a smidgen faster than the 8800GTX. I'm sure ATI wont bollocks it up but I doubt it will make GeForce 8 owners feel bad about their purchase.

The only thing that could do that is if ATI pulled a rabbit out of the hat and somehow made AA virtually free but the odd's of that happening are extremely remote.

Moving to graphics forum as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

dont think its(8800) a bad purchase for *nix users anyway, because ati doesnt go well with *nix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

I don't use Linux myself but supposedly AMD/ATI have made progress in this area over the past few months while not up to the level of NVIDIA. There is meant to be a definite improvement over the previous dour situation their drivers were in.

Advertisement