Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

22-year old virgin

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

'I'm a 20 yr old male going on 21 and I'm still a virgin.
    I think in the male sense of things that being a 20 yr old male virgin can be hard at times as the majority of your friends have had intercourse, or atleast say they have. My view on it is that today you could be a virgin, then say tomorrow you could loose your virginity. You don't get to join an great flashy club or anything.
    It's pretty much the same as someone getting a car. We all get one at different times in our life. Everyone is different.
    Personally I'd like to think that the girl I meet and fall in love with will feel special in the respect that I have decided to loose my virginity to her. There is many a man who has lost his in the schoolyard or football field when they were younger. That isn't special unless it was true.

Sex is meant to be one of lifes joys to share between partners. Not a goal or hurdle to pass in life.
    I wouldn't worry too much about it. I used to but gave up. If people judge you or so call "slag" you on being a virgin, then they are no better than the 15 yr old school yard boy or girl. Any mature person would infact respect that quality that you have.'

'im a 23 male and to be honest, a virgin would be more attractice to me than somebosz that has been with others.
    Id say most males feel the same'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

I lost my virginity at the age of 20 because like you I felt it was getting a bit weird that I still hadn't done it. BIG MISTAKE! I really regret it. Don't rush into it! You can always lose your virginity, you can never get it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

It really depends on the reasons your a virgin, and the motivations behind it. It wouldn't stress me out, unless the person held an attitude that to nto be a virgin is to be a slut.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

This thread really illustrates the different attitudes that people have to sex.
    Some people view it as a basic human activity, like eating / sleeping. Others prize their virginity and hold it as a supreme gift of love. Some clearly enjoy a lot of sex with many partners, others are looking for that one person that they truly feel is worth it. I guess the important thing is to try and avoid being judgemental, because what one person thinks is fine, another is going to be upset by.
    OP, following on from this, and from the array of opinions and replies to this post, you can see a huge number of these different attitudes towards sex. So you have to define what your attitude is to sex, how do you feel about it? How important is it to you? Do you prize your virginity? Is it a chain around your neck stopping you from having the fun you want? etc...
    And from asking yourself these questions, decide how to act accordingly. Respect yourself, and your attitudes, and whether you end up losing it in a threesome with a monkey, of after marrying your man, then you will know that you did what you wanted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

This thread really illustrates the different attitudes that people have to sex.
    Some people view it as a basic human activity, like eating / sleeping. Others prize their virginity and hold it as a supreme gift of love. Some clearly enjoy a lot of sex with many partners, others are looking for that one person that they truly feel is worth it. I guess the important thing is to try and avoid being judgemental, because what one person thinks is fine, another is going to be upset by.
    OP, following on from this, and from the array of opinions and replies to this post, you can see a huge number of these different attitudes towards sex. So you have to define what your attitude is to sex, how do you feel about it? How important is it to you? Do you prize your virginity? Is it a chain around your neck stopping you from having the fun you want? etc...
    And from asking yourself these questions, decide how to act accordingly. Respect yourself, and your attitudes, and whether you end up losing it in a threesome with a monkey, of after marrying your man, then you will know that you did what you wanted.

You see, that second group of people, the virgins, have never had sex, so what do they know about?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

A lot more than a non-virgin would about relating to the OP.

OP - sex is just sex..

It's not love and (in my case anyway) its not the 'foundation of a relationship'.

Its really more of a fringe benefit, and in ranking the great things about my relationship, sex is not in the top three..

BTW - if you make it out into 'this wonderful thing', you're in for disapointment!

'I was a year older than you are now when I lost my virginity and I did have moments like you that I worried about it. While I had plenty of opportunity, it always felt like the wrong time or it was the wrong guy. My first time was with someone who I had known a long time and then we started going out. I wont kid you and say that it was earth shattering, but it was the right place, right time and right guy and that's the best you can hope for. I am always grateful that I can look back on it with good memories, which is more than others can say'

• Advertisement

'
    Respect yourself, and your attitudes, and whether you end up losing it in a threesome with a monkey, of after marrying your man, then you will know that you did what you wanted.
    hahahaaha

Anyway I'm nearly 24 and also a virgin. Bit of a late bloomer I guess, and while Ive had the opportunity with guys to have sex with (just to get it done and over with) Im so glad I didnt now, coz I know I would regret that now.

Unfortunately because there is so much ak of sex whether on tv, magazines, friends etc, it seems like the biggest thing in the world, and sometimes I think that adds a whole lot of unhelpful pressure. I know I was freaked out a couple of years ago about it. But Ive realised not to care what people think...and to be honest its not their business. My close friends know I haven't had sex, and they certainly dont think its weird.

I have actually started going out with a guy for a few weeks now, and while yeah I feel kinda nervous about telling him, I know he cares too much to make an issue out of it...not that I think he will.

You'll be fine!!!'

Advertisement