Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water service to resume this evening

Options
  • 02-12-2006 7:50pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Some good news....

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/?jp=CWIDQLGBCWGB

North Dublin water service to resume this evening
    02/12/2006 - 16:06:12

Water services in North Dublin are set to return to normal this evening.

Thousands of homes in the city had their supply cut last night as work on the Port Tunnel continues.

It was originally thought that it would be tomorrow evening before the disruption was resolved.

However, it is now thought people will have normal running water in their homes in a few hours time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Good news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

my granny's house in raheny didnt lose any water at all, what about you dub13

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

admiralgar wrote:
    my granny's house in raheny didnt lose any water at all, what about you dub13

We were fine aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Was fine here, too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I was reading somewhere that when they switched the water off there would still be a supply in the system for around 18 hours,so maybe nobody actually lost water supply.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

that and a full tank in the attic as well

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Ditto, we also lost none.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I'm in East Drumcondra and close to Fairview.
    When I rang the council on Friday afternoon, I was told my area would be affected.
    It obviously wasn't so all my conservation measures were for nothing:(

It's only fair though. We lost water for four days in October when the developer on the nearby apartment site burst the water mains on a Friday evening and didn't fix it until the following Tuesday so I know what it's like to anyone that was affected this weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

I think more water was lost by people filling there baths ( for there toilets etc) then empying it all when its not used, hypothetical loss of water supply...

Advertisement