Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grill

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 MR BIG

I feel that the atmosphere of the nightlife in letterkenny has changed completely for the worse. I dont feel safe walking around after being in a club at weekends, letterkenny may be attracting alot more punters which is good for all businesses, but there is also a big increase in the bad elements in society which are attracted to the town like a magnet now. And I definantly feel intimidated and unsafe in the town now at weekends so much that I try to avoid it completely. Im missing the safe, lively, small town feel that letterkenny used have.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 djDaithi

I totally understand what you are saying there- I wouldn't walk past the town square for all the tea in china on a Saturday night! Or indeed up the port Road but I do think that it is just confined to certain areas and only on Saturday night. Try a Friday night you might just find it has that feel you are talking about :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,297 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Friday nights are way worse than a saturday night.
    Port road is a complete nogo area either night as it seems to be
    where the masses at bottom of the gene pool come to mass produce
    and destroy each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 djDaithi

Not my experience driving through the town but then I'm not on foot.

re: earlier posts re: the rumour about the Orchard being sold, I finally found out where its come from, as told to me in the Orchard last Sat: apparently one of the owners was in Mcginleys drinking and when someone came up to him and asked what was the craic with the Orchard he replied 'ah I've sold it'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

djDaithi wrote:
    the rumour about the Orchard being sold, I finally found out where its come from, as told to me in the Orchard last Sat: apparently one of the owners was in Mcginleys drinking and when someone came up to him and asked what was the craic with the Orchard he replied 'ah I've sold it'.

thats one way of saying dont annoy me

• Advertisement
Advertisement