Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rear Screen Replacement on Sundays

Options
  • 02-12-2006 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭

Before I begin let me just say " :rolleyes: "

Did a 3 point turn outside my house today. Reversed up to the kerb as I normally would - then SMASH! Rear screen had hit a tree and smashed. It had hit a part of the tree where a branch had been severed many years ago. No panel damage, thankfully. So out with the black bags and the masking tape. Then I rang around my usual glass suppliers - none of which could help as they hadn't got the glass in stock (2006 Zafira).

Anyone any ideas on where I'd get a glass tomorrow (Sunday)?

I already think my chances are somewhere near zero.....................

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Hi crosstownk.

Try autoglass... http://www.autoglass.ie/ or 1850 36 36 36. Will come out and fix 7 days a week according to their site. Can be put through the insurance directly too, I would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I tried AutoGlass - I was put through to their UK callcentre as their Irish depots are closed. I thought that they were supposed to be 24hr 365 days - obviously not.

I also tried AllGlass, AutoGlaze, AAA Windscreens and Ireland Assist - no joy with any. The problem seems to be with availabilty (AllGlass and AAA) of the rear screen - front screens are available, but I suppose not too many people break rear screens - especially in stupid fashion as I did!

I'm not concerned with insurance as I've accounts with all these glass companies.

Sorry, it says 7 days a week on their website! Your insurance company wouldn't have a 24 hour helpline that someone might tell you if they have any arrangement with a particular company?? Just a thought.

Have another option... Allied Irish Windscreens www.aiw.ie Again 7 days a week. 1850 5 12345

Thanks for your help Avens1s.

AutoGlaze are part of AIW - I got an answering machine saying that they were closed. I'm not having much luck..........

• Advertisement

My god! Sorry about that. I'm right out of ideas!!

They may just be closed for tonight. (With the weather, I wouldn't blame them!) Maybe if you try again tomorrow morning. I'm really surprised the site says "7 days a week" if it isn't. Then again, it says "24 hours a day" too!!!

Good luck with it anyway.

I'm giving up - I'll leave it til Monday at this stage - thanks for the effort, Avens1s.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

crosstownk wrote: »
    I tried AutoGlass - I was put through to their UK callcentre as their Irish depots are closed. I thought that they were supposed to be 24hr 365 days - obviously not.

Axa recommend these guys on their website. In fact, they redirect their windscreen repair hotline to them. An English guy will answer the phone and say he will get onto their Irish repairs. He would need to order the windscreen.

A day later we find out that the guy in the UK hadn't even raised the call at all and no windscreen order had been placed. Shower of idiots! :mad:

Advertisement