Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home music recorder/mixer?

Options
  • 02-12-2006 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭

Put simply,I'm lookin' to record a couple of songs to post on the internet.Any suggestions for home recording packages/mixing software within a relatively cheap price range?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Do you need midi sequencing or just audio recording ability?

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

First thing you have to decide is whether you wnt to record via hardware recording or whether you wanna use software recording. Each ahs its advantages and setbacks, but it pretty much depends on you and your budget. Hardware would be something like a Boss 8-Track, which is a self-contained unit you can hook mics up to and record with a built in hard drive and equalisation control and built in effects. Or you could buy an interface for your home computer (PC/Mac) and record with a sequencer like Albleton, Logic or Cubase. What kinda music were you thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Just me and my acoustic guitar basically,I'm not much into mixing/recording,just lookin' for some software that I can sync my audio clips(in this case,vocals and guitar) onto each other

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Check out reason. Its free.

Advertisement