Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Importing/shipping classic cars from Australia????

Options
  • 03-12-2006 1:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I recently stumbled on to the ebay australia site and had a poke around. Classic cars are dirt cheap over there and are in good better condition due to the climate (depending on the part of Oz). Does anyone know how much it would cost to ship a car over here?? Depending on the car would it be worth it ??? How about containers any idea of the cost of a twenty foot container load???

Anyone thinking along the same lines....

Remember 21% VAT & VRT

I also read on one of the other posts that vat is charged on the purchase price with the addition of the shipping cost it may have been a balls up at customs...huh?... anyone shed some light on this??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

It cost me around 1500 euros to ship a car from Australia a few years ago plus outside EU taxes and VAT. The price would depend on what type of car it is and if the car is vintage you don't have to pay VRT only a registration fee.

Advertisement