Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Property in the North To Let

Options
  • 03-12-2006 1:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭

Has anybody any experience / advise to give about buying property to let up in the North. I hope to get a mortgage to cover the purchase and any stamp duty (if any??) etc. Does anybody know if a property purchase up north would affect the first time buyers status? If this is a prob I may have to put the property in someone elses name (not sure what the tax implications are??). Any help would be greatful

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,397 ✭✭✭✭Victor

stepbar wrote:
    Does anybody know if a property purchase up north would affect the first time buyers status?
    Buying property anywhere in the world affects FTB status.

Tax evasion usually ends up in tears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Property in the north has gone a bit mad especially in Belfast. Rise in price has been equivilant to the last 4 years in the south with some areas experiencing 55% this year. This trend may well shudder to a halt soon as wages here are sadly lagging.

If you sent this post in Dec 2005 you would have been looking at a very large return. Now its all gone a bit pear shaped. As a 100,000 mortgage(assuming you have the other 80,000) will cost you more than the rent of under 500 (average).

However there may be some legs left in the market , but its sure to slow this year.

Get a few figures and stick them into Brio and see if they fly ...?

regardless of your FTB status :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

my brother is looking into buying inthe north. He will be a first time buyer. ANy info on the north makret would be great. Thankss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Its been a tad mad let me know what area he is looking into and I will see if I can help you out.

Once the troubles where seen to be behind us property took off...

Past returns in this case are definatly not a good indication of future growth.

Advertisement