Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lip sync progs?

• 03-12-2006 1:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭

Hey just a quick Q.. If i were to make a short film using characters (figures: ie. He-man, Gi Joe etc) how would i put lip movements on top of them.... Has anybody seen Robot Chicken? That's what i wanna do... but all the programs i find are for game developers and flash animation.. anyone have any ideas??

thanks

btw is Adobe premier hard to get into..? have trial version and want to make short film... I'm handy enough at getting to grips with diff progs thru tutorials but premier seems like a lot to handle... ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

tough one. I, as a complete amateur, would take close up footage of someones mouth saying the lines. The use a matte to cut the mouth out onto the models footage, reduce the size of the mouth footage and keyframe position if required.
    use a colour correct to map the mouth footage colour to the doll footage. May look crap but no harm giving it a whirl. I'm sure someone will have a better suggestion

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Flynn

seems like alot of work if i'd have to shoot the scene and then shoot all the dialogue seperate... In some progs if u enter an image of a mouth for each vowel sound and an open and closed image of the mouth also when audio is opened the prog can automatically lip sync if u get what i mean..

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭crybaby

im not too sure in regards to your first question but ill have a look around for you and see what i can come up with as i did a stop motion film last year for college so i know cumbersome some stuff for it can be

honestly i think adobe premiere is by far adobes worst attempt at a piece of software and it really does stink in terms of just starting off and trying to get into it. i know its cheap as hell and missing alot of stuff but windows movie maker does the trick if you just want to make simple edits you could try and get your hands on some avid stuff otherwise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

I have adobe premiere which is crap. Their level of support is crap too.
    If you're using the free trial version save regularly - the blue screen of death is an added unwanted feature!
    I have movie maker which is good for simple edits - not much more.
    I blew 500yoyos on Avid Liquid which has got more bugs than that movie 'A bugs Life' and their support is crap. I'm off to the Mac...!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Flynn

well i have a iMac G5 but no software... bar iMovie which is pretty good but i don't want to edit i want to place laqyers on top (the lip movements) check out a clip of Robot Chicken and see what i mean... it's on Bravo [adult swim] at 12ish am

thanks..

• Advertisement
Advertisement