Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Its not a joke! Tornado warning today

• 03-12-2006 1:58am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭

This is unheard of for an F2+ tornado warning in Ireland. If in the unlikely event you happen to see one let us know on the weather forum. We expect damaging winds in most places tomorrow but this would be extraordinary. Also if a tornado where to strike where should it hit and why?:D

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=storms;type=esto;sess=

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Bertie's house xD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

its bloodly windy already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

dead link...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Anywhere but Cork would be nice.:)

Also dead link.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

kdouglas wrote:
    dead link...
    click 'here' when you click the link...;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

My house is gone so:(

cardboard box:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

darkman2 wrote:
    click 'here' when you click the link...;)

Where?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Already discussed in would-you-believe-it?! Weather

*sigh* re-opened by request. I expect the usual AH standard! *shakes fist*
    Raise the bar and so help me gawd...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Ohh better pack a bag for a visit to Oz then....

*hugs Toto*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Thats a UK only website.

yeah Karoma cos people who post in AH actually read other forums, ban them all tbh................

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

http://www.estofex.org/cgi-bin/polygon/showforecast.cgi?listvalid=yes

In case people are too lazy to look for themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

does anyone know where in the country the warning applies too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

EVERYWHERE! IT'S TEH END OF TEH WURRLD! - To paraphrase / predict Weathercheck :p

DaBreno wrote:
    does anyone know where in the country the warning applies too?

Generally the Northern half of the country inc - Dublin...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

That shack of mine needs to be knocked down, then I'll pick up the insurance money. .o/

edit: balleex, probably not covered for tha. :(

Senritsu wrote:
    Bertie's house xD

I knew someone would say that!:D

Next was my house!

The 3rd was the dail with all td's in it:D

Karoma wrote:
    Already discussed in would-you-believe-it?! Weather

The nerve of those guys. Just who do they think they are?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Ruu wrote:

lol. Ruus gaf is in for a good rippin'

In related news: 3 slates have come off my roof. Time to call the roofer on Monday. I have a feeling he will be busy somehow.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I'm in work tomorrow so hopefully the whole place will be blown away during the night :D

Ruu wrote:
    That shack of mine needs to be knocked down, then I'll pick up the insurance money. .o/

Ruu you live in a shed, I never knew.......

This warning is not for NA BTW:D :)

• Advertisement

Ive had enough of these high winds. I have no Sky T.V. because it blew a cable loose and no-one will fix it until monday.

Had to use an indoor arial to watch the late late toy show last night.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

thrill wrote:
    Ive had enough of these high winds. I have no Sky T.V. because it blew a cable loose and no-one will fix it until monday.

Had to use an indoor arial to watch the late late toy show last night.
    Maybe the winds were trying to do you a favor :p

Ha ha. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

darkman2 wrote:
    Ruu you live in a shed, I never knew.......

This warning is not for NA BTW:D :)

Its next to the stack of Dell boxes you have. The one you told me was a "penthouse". :)

Ruu wrote:
    Its next to the stack of Dell boxes you have. The one you told me was a "penthouse". :)

Oh yeah just before your box was moved to America! I stll have my 'penthouse';) :D it overlooks sheriffs str

At this time, a low-level wind maximum of near 40 m/s at 850 hPa should cross Ireland simultaneously. Wind gusts of near that speed appear possible at the surface as well. Given that anticipated values of 0-1 km SRH around 300 m2/s2 are advertised by the 12Z GFS run, and the overall strong shear, it appears that a few tornadoes may occur as well. This will, however, strongly depend on the hard-to-forecast quantity of buoyancy in the lowest few kilometres of the troposphere. If tornadoes occur, the extreme low-level shear suggests that they may be strong, F2+. The trough should move into Ireland around 9:00 UTC and should reach northern England, Wales and southwestern Scotland approximately at 15:00 UTC, before gradually decaying during the evening as it moves further east. The main threat of severe and extremely severe winds warrants at least a level 2. If low-level winds turn out to be even stronger than currently forecast, an upgrade to level 3 may be issued

BE AFRAID!!!!!

A Simpsons quote springs to mind:

"Do feel that the time has come for our viewers to crack open the skulls of their neighbours and feast on the goo inside?"

"Yes, I would, Kent."

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

Pffffffffft F2??? Surely our sturdy brick houses, built by the consciencious and quality motivated Irish Construction industry can withstand that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭DilbertPartII

DaBreno wrote:
    Pffffffffft F2??? Surely our sturdy brick houses, built by the consciencious and quality motivated Irish Construction industry can withstand that!

:D don't be so sure. check on the quality of materials used.haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

KdjaCL wrote:
    yeah Karoma cos people who post in AH actually read other forums, ban them all tbh................
    Maybe Karmona might explode with the 'what forum to move this thread into' paradox caused by someone mentioning having a personal issue caused by the weather affecting their motorised satellite dish.

Cannot compute....CANNOT COMPUTE...ERROR!....ERROR! *sound of a explosion followed by the sound of squishy guts sliding down a wall*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Sorry! I was practicing my tornado kick...

My bedroom is in the attic and I'm just waiting for the window to get ripped off the roof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

The wind here is mad, been bad since i got up at 10.30.

Haven't tried chorus yet but chances are it wont work... it never does!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

If you're in a house with three little pigs in it, take my advice and get out now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

piffle! i have christmas shopping to do and stiff breeze isnt going to deter me, city centre brace yourself, i'm a coming!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

kilkenny is sunny now, no wind etc:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭darkflower

Bambi wrote:
    piffle! i have christmas shopping to do and stiff breeze isnt going to deter me, city centre brace yourself, i'm a coming!

go with the wind Bambi..:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

It's feckin dangerous outside.

I just saw the TV ariel crash down from the house across the road. It was one of those old-fashioned 4-foot long metal directional ariels - it came off the supporting mast and was swinging around by the co-ax cable for about 10 minutes before it came crashing down from a height of about 60 foot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Pffft, what an anti-climax. The only thing the wind did was blow over my dogs kennel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The fence around my house was completely blown down, and a rather expensive outdoor table smashed to bits. My garden is now covered in glass. Dunno about anywhere else mind, but the wind was certainly pretty bad in Galway, particularly this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Pretty bad today, tbh. Not as bad as the time there actually was a tornado in Cavan mind you... But close!

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Most overhyped storm ever.

Winds were a bit strong, that's about it. South Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

Ha! Amatures!
    Tornadoes rip through Wisconsin on a regular basis! (but never this time of year). And unlike the Southern United States, we don't whinge to the Gov't to send us money to rebuild. We strong-arm the insurance agencies for what we can get and rebuild out of pocket.

I could tell you some VERY cool Tornado stories!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

HavoK wrote:
    the wind was certainly pretty bad in Galway, particularly this morning.

Yeah, it was nuts! Drove down to the prom in Salthill to take a look at the sea and my car was rocking back and forth like crazy. People were walking at funny angles into the wind. Quite a sight to behold.

Advertisement