Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

December to Dismember Predictions

• 03-12-2006 3:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

It's a bit of a joke that only two matches have been announced for this PPV which as I write this is technically speaking on today. Still, here are my predictions on what will happen...

(Extreme Elimination Chamber for the ECW Title)
    Big Show vs RVD vs CM Punk vs Sabu vs Test vs Lashley
    Weapons in each chamber: Chair, Table, Crowbar, Barbed Wire Bat

Judging by the weapons announced, I see Sabu entering first with the table, then Test with the Barbed Wire Bat, then RVD with the chair and Lashley to enter last with the Crowbar.

I predict CM Punk will start off the match with the Big Show. I see the eliminations going in this order...

1) Sabu
    2) CM Punk
    3) RVD
    4) Test
    5) Big Show

Lashley eventually wins after being double-teamed by Test and Big Show and becomes the new champion. Personally I'd like to see it go to Van Dam since the storyline over the last few months has been his quest to win back the strap but I don't think they will give him another chance with the belt. Lashley as the champion is a mistake in my view but then again I feel that way about the other two champions.

MNM VS The Hardys

I think this will be a great match. If they allow it to be 'Extreme Rules' then it will be even better as ladders can become involved. Since the MNM thing appears to be temporary I think the Hardys will win and then they will win the tag titles off Edge and Orton on Raw.

Other matches...

The rumoured other matches are Sandman vs Hardcore Holly and Tommy Dreamer vs Daivari. Burke and Terkay are rumoured to appear too (they'll definitely improve buy rates). I imagine they'll have some sort of bikini contest too (sigh).

This is a weird PPV in that it all pretty much hinges on the main event. If it proves a stinker then the whole PPV suffers. I hope there are a few surprises in store...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Weapons in each chamber: Chair, Table, Crowbar, Barbed Wire Bat

I really, really wanna see Punk win this one! I think it'll be Lashley, but I think it would be stupid fro WWECW to end his undefeated streak now! So i'm gonna bite the bullet and take a chance on CM Punk for ECW Champion!

Order of Elimination
    1) Sabu
    2) RVD
    3) Test
    4) Lashley
    5) Big Show

MNM VS The Hardys

Put simply.....I can't wait! Especially if it an extreme rules match or even a ladder match. It will probably steal the show!

Other matches...

Two words........DON'T CARE! If they havn't bothered to add matches by now, whats the point? They can't use the excuse of its only one hour of TV a week cos there is a little company in Orlando who can do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Minto wrote:
    MNM VS The Hardys

Put simply.....I can't wait! Especially if it an extreme rules match or even a ladder match. It will probably steal the show!

should be great but why on an ECW PPV?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Mossy Monk wrote:
    should be great but why on an ECW PPV?

The ppv needed it.

I think this ppv will be the lowest ppv buy rate of the year for the WWE.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Minto wrote:
    [
    Other matches...

Two words........DON'T CARE! If they havn't bothered to add matches by now, whats the point? They can't use the excuse of its only one hour of TV a week cos there is a little company in Orlando who can do it!

I agree.well wwe did'nt put to much effort into this ppv at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

^^ co-sign....They must think that the main event is going to make people buy the ppv...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Big show is in a bad way physically so he will loose the title and be off tv for a few months. I expect Lashley or CM Punk are going to win the match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Big show is in a bad way physically so he will loose the title and be off tv for a few months. I expect Lashley or CM Punk are going to win the match.
    I dont think that they will give CM punk the title yet.Lashley has just moved over from smackdown and I think that they would want to give the title to another "big guy" while at the same time give lashley "a push"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I think Test will win the title, and the Hardys will win the other match

There could be a few decent matches on if they put the likes of Stevie Richards, Little Guido, Daivari, Al Snow and Shannon Moore on the show. A backstage skit with Matt Hardy and Shannon would be brilliant!

I'm wonderin if WWE will claim that ECW can't sell ppv's when it does a low buy rate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

One would think that Khali would appear on the card somewhere. His freakishness would by itself be a good puller.

Fozzy wrote:
    I think Test will win the title

How much do you want to bet on it? I'll give you good odds too !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Quick question, will the ppv be shown on Sky Sports or Box office.

I'd say either Lashey or Test will win tonight. Also Hardys to win but i think that's a given.
    Seems a bit annoying that they have announced only two matches and the rest are just appearances by the sandman, Great khali, Burke and Terkay etc...
    Shoulda at last least got a feud going for the PPV. Maybe they have got some old ECW wrestlers to wrestler to the show. Still i think the show shouldn't disappoint and it will be worth watching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Stalfos wrote:
    Quick question, will the ppv be shown on Sky Sports or Box office.

It's being shown on Sky Sports 1

I think Lashley will win the title tonight, probably a bit too early for Punk to win it. Although tbh I'd like to see Test winning it, if not tonight, then sometime soon!

Hardys vs. MNM
    Hardys to win this one!

Sandman vs Hardcore Holly
    Not sure bout this one. I think Holly could get the win, but maybe interference from Heymans security

Tommy Dreamer vs Davari
    Dreamer to win

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

I think the reason they're only promoting 2 matches is because thats the way they did it back in the old ECW days isn't it? They would promote 1 or 2 matches but people would still buy it because they knew there would be something crazy on it.

I think the reason they're only promoting 2 matches is because thats the way they did it back in the old ECW days isn't it? They would promote 1 or 2 matches but people would still buy it because they knew there would be something crazy on it.

The old ECW went out of business. Its not the best model to use for maximising ppv revenue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

hours to go, and theres still not a full card, how do they expect people to buy this ppv? The only way id pay money to see it is if they could guarantee me beforehand that punk was gonna get the title at the end of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

How much do you want to bet on it? I'll give you good odds too !

I'll bet my fantasy league title on it, since if Test doesn't win tonight then I've pretty much lost it!

I'm a big Punk fan, but I'd rather they wait before giving him the title. At least turn him heel first! And put some sort of storyline into it, he should have to overcome something before he gets the title

Advertisement