Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Immob on mazda

Options
  • 03-12-2006 10:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

My new car was broken into last year before i owned it and the scum wrecked the ignition on it (mazda 323), but never got it started, due to it having an immobiliser.

The old owner went to a scrap yard and go a new ignition set up, meaning it now uses a different key to open the doors and a different car to start the engine.

But my question is will the engine still have an active immobiliser? Or will the new engine key mean the immobiliser is by-passed?

I never got the red key card or whatever, its just the normal key to start it. So would it still have an active immobiliser in the new key and ignition set-up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

323's don't usually have an immobiliser. There possibly is one on models with factory remote central locking, but to the best of my knowledge the 98-01 models didn't have one, and the facelift ones had a seperate fob for remote locking.

Advertisement