Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shop that sells butane?

Options
  • 03-12-2006 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭

I have a non-disposable lighter and it takes butane. I had purchased some from a store on north main 2 months ago, but went in there today and they acted like I was insane for thinking they sold it. I have since gone to several places and asked if they carried it, and no one has any idea what I am talking about.

Either the term 'butane' is wrong here or its quite rare stuff. Does anyone know of any place that sells it? Or perhaps an upscale lighter shop (ie one that sells better than bic disposables) that I might ask?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

theres a shop on Academy street that seems to sell some fine smokables along with pipes and lighters and all that malarky. They might have some...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

trixter wrote:
    Either the term 'butane' is wrong here or its quite rare stuff.
    I think you're confusing them with science and technical terms. Try asking for 'gas for refillable lighters'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭trixter

Is it just lighter fluid you need?
    That can be got in most newsagents... Try the Favourite on Patrick St.

T.Sc.

yeah its fluid but its not zippo fluid, its compressed butane (so technically a liquified gas). I will continue to try and the suggestion of the smoke shop in the next post after yours.

Gurgle wrote:
    I think you're confusing them with science and technical terms. Try asking for 'gas for refillable lighters'.

That might be, where I came from people are lazy, the canister says 'butane' on it so everyone just calls it that :P A few places I have shown them my lighter and they still denied knowledge of anything remotely similar to what I asked for, so maybe there is something else going on. In all honesty though I have seen matches (much more than I would have expected) and disposable lighters, havent seen anyone with a refillable.

I like my refillable, which I got so I could light cigarettes while in my jeep with the top off. Works well in wind, which there seems to be plenty of here. There have been many days here where it has come in handy.

• Advertisement

Try Hank Hill. :D

T.Sc.

nah not propane :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭el Bastardo

Bradleys on North Main Street - bought some there earlier in the year. Far as I remember I asked for 'lighter gas'.

Advertisement