Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PVC Window - rough cost?

Options
  • 03-12-2006 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi

Can anyone give me a rough idea of what it would cost to replace wooden framed windows with PCV?

I'm talking about

4 x large
    2 x medium
    2 x small

Just want a vague idea...

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭pjq

I cant answer your question about PVC , but when we looked at the cost for 11 large windows , we decided to stick with the wood . They were single glazed and this company http://www.lmglazing.com/contact.htm did the conversion of our old frames for a fraction of the cost of upvc. If you have the measurements , they will give you a rough estimate over the phone .

pjq

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭KAGY

Our pvc windows (22 small + Wooden door + French Doors + Back door) cost 5k, but this was a new build. by small I mean 1x1.4 on average
    we were also quoted up to twice this, so make sure you do your shopping around.
    zacharius wrote:
    Hi

Can anyone give me a rough idea of what it would cost to replace wooden framed windows with PCV?

I'm talking about

4 x large
    2 x medium
    2 x small

Just want a vague idea...

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭zacharius

Thanks for the feedback..

The existing frames are 20+ years old and need to be replaced. I'll take the measurements and try out a few places, and I'm expecting to see big diffs in the quotes!

Advertisement