Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Write a program to book Ryanair flights

Options
  • 03-12-2006 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am trying to a write a program that connects into Ryanairs website that will allow me to view what flights are available in my travel dates.

I am wondering can it be done?

Any advice would be helpful.

I am wondering is all I have to do is pass in the appropriate hidden values that appear on the page and pass it to the following address

http://www.bookryanair.com/skylights/cgi-bin/skylights.cgi

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 scartboy

While it sounds like a challenging project (the cgi page from skylites looks daunting in its complexity and raises questions about keeping a piggy-back site up to date), if you're interested in having the functionality rather than the fun of programming the project itself, I suggest you take a look at skyscanner.net - a particulary neat feature is that, if you don't input a day of the month for the flight, it shows you a cute chart of the cost of the cheapest flights for each day of the selected month - not just for Ryanair but Aer Lingus, Easyjet Aer Arann, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

TBH if you are doing this as a school project stop now.

Or at the very least contact Ryanair directly and explain what you wish to do.

Trying to get into their system as you are describing at at worst illegal. At best your looking at your system being disabled with 1 or more small changes on the site.

And your professor probably isn't going to like it either.

Get Ryanairs permission they probably have an API and if you can show commercial value they would probably let you have it for free as part of the project.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

As Hobbes said there must be an API for this.

Im guessing there is also a web service you can integrate into your site, where the web service gets parameters from your program and feeds them into the ryanair booking engine.

Amazon offer a web service so people can list books on their site that link directly to amazon, the book type and category depends on what parameters are passed into the web service.

Hope it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CasimiR

This has been on the news "recently"
    see http://www.out-law.com/page-3765

As others have pointed out.. this is illegal, don't even try to go there :-)
    Ho and, good luck to get RyanAir to open up their Api to you :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Not sure if this is what you're looking for:

http://www.skyscanner.net

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Its "relatively easy", do you know anything about web services and Xml? When I say relatively easy, I mean allot easier thanks to web services than it used to be, but still difficult enough. It's not illegal. It's nothing like illegal, it's a very wide spread tech, and used allot in the states.

What happened with ryanair is the high tech version of buying something and sticking you own label on it. Theres another site, can't remember the name of it, Irish, that does the same with amazon.

Advertisement