Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asrock 775Dual-VSTA? - Coupla niggles

Options
  • 03-12-2006 1:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭

Just upgraded to one of these little beauties. Fantastic bit of kit.

Took me from Athlon 2500+ land to E6300 land with minimum cost and effort.

Just having a coupla issues with speed fan not controlling my case fan properly with this Mobo. Speedfan had full control in the on the old mobo, but not on this. It also couldnt control the CPU fan until I changed it from Stock to a Zalman.

Anyone else willing with this board willing to install speedfan and give me some feedback?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Cassiel

haven't used speedfan, casefan controlled by teh power supply and I use the fanmate jobbie that came with the zalman.

Have you tried overclocking at all? Didn't have much joy myself.
    Extensive thread on this board on overclockers.co.uk forums, someone there might have your answer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Got a mild 150mhz overclock from 1.86 to 2ghz with an E6300.

I expect my cheap as chips memory is holding it back, will know for sure when my Xmas memory turns up. :)

Temps are really low 35 Max.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

I will keep in touch with you on this one, I too have the 6300 with same ASRock board. Awaiting memory as we speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

I have an Asrock board (939 Dual SATA II) and speedfan does not support changing fan speeds. I was in contact with the guy who makes Speedfan and he stated that the way some Asrock boards are wired makes it impossible to change fan speeds with software. Sensor chips are present so speeds etc can be read but they are not wired so they can be changed. Could be the same with your board.

Just checked the Speedfan site and checked the list of boards known to be able to change speeds...yours is not on that list :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

hopeful wrote:
    Just checked the Speedfan site and checked the list of boards known to be able to change speeds...yours is not on that list :(

Rats. I guess I'll just have to hope its not there because its a fairly new board.

• Advertisement
Advertisement