Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Venting a shower

Options
  • 03-12-2006 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭

Hello all!
    I would like to pick your brains and get some advice. I recently had an upstairs bathroom completely refitted, the builder put in a ceiling fan adjacent to the shower which we had requested He indicated that it would be vented thru the gable end wall of the attic. However, I checked the attic and there is simply a pipe venting directly into the attic and not to the outside world! Should I be concerned about this, does it matter if steam is going in to the attic several times a day?

Cheers
    T&T

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Yes! be very concerned moisture going into a cold space such as an attic, damp and cold mean that your attic will quickly become a haven for fungus.
    Get him back and tell him to fix it by venting directly outside or through a roofvent.

Advertisement