Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Commercial house remix recommendations please

• 03-12-2006 3:58pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm having a party in my house on friday - well its not really my party it's my housemates, so there will be a mix of all our friends there, but it will be a very different crowd to what I normally play for. Most of the people are not into 'clubbing' and house music like me and most of my mates, they are more the cheezey disco type. I blatently refuse to play the sh1te that I hear in the palces they like to go out in, however I think i can put together a set of haoppy meduim sort of music.

I have a few tunes that are remixes of commercial pop songs but work very well it my funky house sets. Some of the cheesiest pop can be reworked by a good house producer with a really good baseline etc and totally transform a tune. I'm trying to dig out a few more - can you guys please give me a few recommendations of some of the more commercial music that goes down well with a mixed crowd?

Cheers
    Zascar

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Dunno what you define as commercial/cheesy, what about songs like these?

Michael Gray - The Weekend
    Bodyrox - Yeah Yeah (D Ramirez Mix)
    Tomcraft - Loneliness
    Tiga - You gonna want me
    The Ones - Flawless
    Justice - We are your friends
    Basement Jaxx - Where's your head at

As a rule, anything remixed by Jacques lu cont (thin white duke) or in a 2 Many DJs set usually goes down well. Of course, you get people drunk and they'll dance to pretty much everything (even happy hardcore)

Or are we talking more along the lines of?

Roman Flugel - Geht's Nocht (Steve Agnello Mix)
    Armand Van Helden - My My My
    The Egg "Love don't let me go" mix that's everywhere
    Studio B - I see Girls
    Max Graham - Owner of a Lonely Heart
    Les Rythmes Digitales - Jacques Your Body

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

jimi_t wrote:
    Of course, you get people drunk and they'll dance to pretty much everything (even happy hardcore)
    Eeuugh, even the thought of it makes me shiver.

Thanks for the recommendations. They are all good, I borrowed the Ministry Annuals 2005, 2006 and 2007 and will take the best from there.

I'm kinda after some house remixes of cheesey pop songs, things like:
    Pussycat Dolls - Don't Cha (Ralphi's Hot Freak 12" Mix)
    Beyonce - Crazy In Love (maurice's nu soul mix )
    The Killers - mr brightside (thin white duke remix)
    Delacy - Hideaway (hoxton whores remix)

I'm sure i can find some half decent funky remixes of justin and britney ha ha ha... Or I might even throw in a little Sunblock - I'll be Ready - when everyone is sufficiently drubk for a bit of a laugh.

Any more recommendations please keep em comin'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Any Ministry Of Sound compilation should do the trick i reckon.;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

God help his housemates when he puts together a set! Save yourself the embarrasment, buy a hed kandi comp and play that!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Didn't think of that, actually I have loads of hed kandi, I'll put that on at the start but I want to mix so I'll start with some and gradually get it more chunky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

This song would strip the habit off a nun :)

Nelly Furtado - Maneater (crookers edit/remix)

Good luck with the party mate

That's exactly what I'm talking about, nice tune...
    Thanks mate

Advertisement