Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cardiff in the Cup!

Options
  • 03-12-2006 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

tin-hat1.jpg

We'll need it!

Right naughty little firm as that dick Danny Dyer might say, think we're entitled to 3000 tickets.

Aer Arann do a few flights ex-Dublin if anyone's interested...;) :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

looks like a tricky tie. not an easy place to go to and their fans are nuts...:rolleyes:

still have bad memories of Leicester last year...:mad:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I've great memories of Leicester, might have been helped by the 5 bottles of wine and the curry me and Dublin Spur had on Leicester's curry mile after the game...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

Tricky enough draw but I think we should be alright.

Anyone interested in making the trip over, Ryanair will get you to/from Bristol on the day for c. €75.

It'll take you about 1hr 10m by train from Bristol to the nearest train station to Ninian Park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Simple Pieman

No idea if this is accurate but if so it looks like Spurs have not taken the full :mad: allocation.

http://www.cardiff.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=41061

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Very strange to read that we have only taken up 2000 from 3000 offered. Id be very suprised if its true !!

Hatch99 wrote:
    Very strange to read that we have only taken up 2000 from 3000 offered. Id be very suprised if its true !!

I wouldn't, we only took 1800 for City in the league, seems the ticket office is still terrified we'll be left with unsold tickets.

Pathetic really, we'd 4000 at Leicester last year for a televised late evening game. They should learn to trust the demand from our fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Simple Pieman

They have done this to us before - the FA Cup quarter final at Anfield being a prime example. Spurs were offered additional tickets in the Kemlyn Road stand and refused them, despite enormous interest from the fans.

Irving Scholar turned down the entire allocation offered by Bruges back in the 80s and was surprised that we all went over there and were allowed in by the home club/police.

Never underestimate THFC!

Off out the door in a half hour, seems I got my sums wrong and am destined to miss the start of the game by about 10 minutes...thats if my flight lands on time...:(

In even less welcome news, Cardiff was alive with the sound of fighing last night (by all accounts). I imagine the locals will be very welcoming today.

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Off out the door in a half hour, seems I got my sums wrong and am destined to miss the start of the game by about 10 minutes...thats if my flight lands on time...:(

In even less welcome news, Cardiff was alive with the sound of fighing last night (by all accounts). I imagine the locals will be very welcoming today.

:eek:
    whoa, be carefuly over there. ;) I'm sure we'll get at least a draw.

a loss would be a disaster....:mad:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Well, I had fun...:mad:

Flight out was delayed due to a technical problem (wasn't looking clever when the intended aircraft was escroted to the stand by a fire truck and three airport police vehicles). (un)Luckily, they had a spare aircraft, so with a 40min delay we got airborne, arriving in Bristol at 2.10.

£90stg for a taxi to Cardiff, so jumped on first bus to Bristol train station, missing my connection to Cardiff by a mere 2 minutes...had decided if I missed that not to bother travelling on, but settle down in a boozer to watch on TV and grab some food. Except the bus driver told me Bristol airport had just closed for emergency repairs to the runway, so my flight home was cancelled. Spent the two hours of the match on a train to Birmingham, arrived in the train station as final whistle blew at Ninian Park. Now waiting in Brum airport to fly home at 9.30pm.

Would have preferred a kicking from the Soul Crew tbh...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Watching it was bad enough!!
    I never do anything but drive to Cardiff from LHR - all these poxy regional airports should be closed down unless they prove they can operate as airports.

Performance was poor - how did Malbranque stay on for 90 mins. Why do i see Davenport's name in the papers all the time - without him we would have no spare CB, don't mention the Giraffe to me.
    Chelsea want Defoe for Wright Philips?? I'm afraid Defoe is a pain in the a**. He has a sulk on for 90 mins - I'm sick of him!!
    Again after an encouraging opening 20 mins Berbatove disappeared.
    All in all lucky to get a draw against a pretty poor team IMHO>
    :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Well, I had fun...:mad:

Flight out was delayed due to a technical problem (wasn't looking clever when the intended aircraft was escroted to the stand by a fire truck and three airport police vehicles). (un)Luckily, they had a spare aircraft, so with a 40min delay we got airborne, arriving in Bristol at 2.10.

£90stg for a taxi to Cardiff, so jumped on first bus to Bristol train station, missing my connection to Cardiff by a mere 2 minutes...had decided if I missed that not to bother travelling on, but settle down in a boozer to watch on TV and grab some food. Except the bus driver told me Bristol airport had just closed for emergency repairs to the runway, so my flight home was cancelled. Spent the two hours of the match on a train to Birmingham, arrived in the train station as final whistle blew at Ninian Park. Now waiting in Brum airport to fly home at 9.30pm.

Would have preferred a kicking from the Soul Crew tbh...:mad:
    Sounds like one of my worst nightmares but probably a blessing in disguise for you given the performance your lot put in today. Normal service will be resumed at WHL no doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

galinka wrote:
    Watching it was bad enough!!
    Performance was poor - how did Malbranque stay on for 90 mins. Why do i see Davenport's name in the papers all the time - without him we would have no spare CB, don't mention the Giraffe to me.
    Chelsea want Defoe for Wright Philips?? I'm afraid Defoe is a pain in the a**. He has a sulk on for 90 mins - I'm sick of him!!
    Again after an encouraging opening 20 mins Berbatove disappeared.
    All in all lucky to get a draw against a pretty poor team IMHO>
    :confused:

What about the Baldy Scouser :confused: ? Piss poor effort yesterday. Just as well that Cardiff were also very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

atleast we will show them some hospitatlity down at the lane :D

The replay has been set for Wednesday 17th Jan at 8pm .. not sure when tickets go on sale yet

Advertisement