Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champions League - Matchday 6 (scores included)

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Personally, I'd prefer if we played bigger teams so we had to raise our game against them. Less chance of the complacent performances we have had the "pleasure" of watching in recent years, especially last year.

When we did it in 99 we played Bayern three times, Inter, Juve and Barca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,591 ✭✭✭patmac

What a load of rubbish these league stages are, UEFA's pandering to G14 allowing the group stages to be virtually settled before they began, the only excitement being in Group H with AEK chasing a win to qualify at the expense of Lille. I mean CSKA and AEK (maybe its a conspiracy against clubs with Initials in their surname) two minnows lose out because Arsenal and Porto settle for a draw, and Milan fail to show up, I know CSKA wouldn't have qualified anyway but doesn't excuse the performances of Porto and Arsenal, I think this rule about results against eachother counting is a load of rubbish and they should get back to goal difference it would have made for a much more entertaining night. But what must A.E.K think of Milan's abject performance last night very unfair imagine if it was Barca,Chelsea or any of the other G14 clubs they would be livid looking to impose sanctions on Milan etc, but because it's only AEK who cares.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

patmac wrote:
    I think this rule about results against eachother counting is a load of rubbish and they should get back to goal difference it would have made for a much more entertaining night.
    But the same thing happens the other way too.

What if a team thumps a minnow who are already eliminated 10 nil because of a bad referee decision sending off a keeper for example? That shouldn't give them passage to the next round if they've had poorer results against the team that they are competing for that place for.

Advertisement