Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Ire;and BB - need to go wireless, what router?

Options
  • 03-12-2006 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭

I have bt ireland BB and use Zyxel 630 modem. Can I use this piece of kit 54Mbps Wireless ADSL2+ Modem/Router + USB Adapter and is it easy to install. I went on Bt ireland bb site but totally lost.

They dont state what modem they supoort for wireless.

I am getting a latop and it will have draft n facility so would I be better off getting a wireless modem that suports N or MIMO specs? I hate all these cahmges so would like to get as future proof spec from the outset as possible.

Will this work

Belkin N1 Wireless Router

http://www.dabs.com/ProductView.aspx?Quicklinx=4BTT&CategorySelectedId=11177&NavigationKey=11177,4294959958,50909&InMerch=1

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭stanley1

Great buy for €25, knocks spots off my Netgear router.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

simple answer yes you can use it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

GBCULLEN wrote:
    I have bt ireland BB and use Zyxel 630 modem. Can I use this piece of kit 54Mbps Wireless ADSL2+ Modem/Router + USB Adapter and is it easy to install. I went on Bt ireland bb site but totally lost.

I am getting a latop and it will have draft n facility so would I be better off getting a wireless modem that suports N or MIMO specs? I hate all these cahmges so would like to get as future proof spec from the outset as possible.

Will this work

http://www.dabs.com/ProductView.aspx?Quicklinx=4BTT&CategorySelectedId=11177&NavigationKey=11177,4294959958,50909&InMerch=1

I have BT and had so much trouble with the Zxyel that I threw it out (Zxyel is a a €20 euro router that BT charge you €33 euro for) and bought a netgear rangemax WPN824 Mimo which came with a ranngemax usb adapter . Works a dream! I needed to connect 2 pc's rather than a pc and a laptop. The netgeatr also has WEP and WAP security features built in . I would definately recommend it - its also very easy to set up . I had a belkin usb adapter which didn't work very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

GBCULLEN wrote:

Will this work

I have BT and had so much trouble with the Zxyel that I threw it out (Zxyel is a a €20 euro router that BT charge you €33 euro for) and bought a netgear rangemax WPN824 Mimo which came with a ranngemacx usb adapter . Works a dream! I need 2 connect 2 pc's rather than a pc and a laptop. The netgeatr also has WEP and WAP security features built in . I would definately recommend it - its also very easy to set up . I had a belkin usb adapter which didn't work very well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭swoofer

thanks all, BT are going to send me theirs for free!! but I bought that Netgear one anyway and got a free usb adaptor.

gbc--

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭swoofer

I got this router and cant get it to work, i am with BT Esat, got router from dabs in UK!! I tried with wizard but it asks for IP address and then for DNS addresses. Lost I'm afraid.

I can get it to connect pc to router but it will not connect to netgear webpage. What am I missing, I checked PW as well. And I let it through my kerio firewall but should I disable that completely? Going a cup of coffee and then that cd is calling.

gb--

Advertisement