Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late night Cafés in Cork?

Options
  • 03-12-2006 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭

Girlfriend has a penchant for late night desserts and hot chocolates. The only places I knew were The Gingerbread House, and Tribes, but both are finished up now. Any ideas? We're due to go out tonight, and all I can think of a restaurants ...

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

What, wait, what? Tribes is closed? When did that happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Thought I saw Tribes open just a few nights ago...??

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

tribes is open, was closed for a little bit a while back.....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

tribes isn't as late night during the week, still opens late at the weekends happilly.

Sadly, that's about it for late night cafés in town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

And tribes has a license to serve beer now too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I suspect that somehow Tribes would manage to ruin even beer.

There really is a dearth of good coffee shops in Cork, even during the day, nevermind at night.

Come on someone out there, give Cork the coffee and cake shop it so badly needs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

The Green Door used to do lovely cakes and tea..... memories of the gingerbread men :(

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

yum,i used to go in there with my granny

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

D-Generate wrote:
    The Green Door used to do lovely cakes and tea..... memories of the gingerbread men :(
    they did a savage coffee and walnut cake, come back all is forgiven!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

May be of interest…

https://www.facebook.com/thekinomusic/info

Cork's first and only all-ages music venue, also operating as a late-night café.

Soon to be what we hope will become an invaluable resource for Cork musicians, the Kino will be aiming to provide support, management and an outlet for original material for musicians in the cork music scene. Details will be available as finalised, and more information will be posted about the opening date once we know. We're currently aiming for early August.

Washington Street West, Cork, Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

evilivor wrote: »
    May be of interest…

https://www.facebook.com/thekinomusic/info

Cork's first and only all-ages music venue, also operating as a late-night café.

Soon to be what we hope will become an invaluable resource for Cork musicians, the Kino will be aiming to provide support, management and an outlet for original material for musicians in the cork music scene. Details will be available as finalised, and more information will be posted about the opening date once we know. We're currently aiming for early August.

Washington Street West, Cork, Ireland

OP, that link doesnt work for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

garhjw wrote: »

The seem to have changed their status, killing the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Corcaigh84

Webworkhouse on Winthrop St is open 27/4 and has a cafe section now, serves coffee/tea/cakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

thefloss wrote: »
    Webworkhouse on Winthrop St is open 27/4 and has a cafe section now, serves coffee/tea/cakes.

^
    I was just about to suggest the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dave Calnan

Hi, I'm a representative of that project in the Kino.
    They have accepted our offer but we're still ironing out the final details with the auctioneer so it's not 100% definite at the moment but it's looking very likely.

We will be hopefully opening as a music venue and late night café in August.
    garhjw wrote: »
    -The Facebook page is currently unpublished until the contract is signed.

If we secure the lease then the page will be back and you can follow our progress there.

(Hope this counts as answering questions and not promoting, apologies otherwise)

Advertisement