Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

zyexel 600 help

Options
  • 03-12-2006 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭

hi lost my wep code and cant find it anywere.we have a bussiness that is right beside our house.the dsl comes into the zyexel in the bussines which then goes to a lynksys router(set as bridge) and then goes to the house via cat 5 and then goes into another lynsys router (set as bridge )and sends it wiresly to my pc.

i lost the code when reinstalling my pc with windows and i was not the 1 who set up.i have the password for the zyexel router but cant find the wep key any were in there.any ideas.

i can renember the wep key a small bit it was something like a1b2c3d4e5f6 but cant rember the rest any ideas guys?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

awhir wrote:
    hi lost my wep code and cant find it anywere.we have a bussiness that is right beside our house.the dsl comes into the zyexel in the bussines which then goes to a lynksys router(set as bridge) and then goes to the house via cat 5 and then goes into another lynsys router (set as bridge )and sends it wiresly to my pc.

i lost the code when reinstalling my pc with windows and i was not the 1 who set up.i have the password for the zyexel router but cant find the wep key any were in there.any ideas.

i can renember the wep key a small bit it was something like a1b2c3d4e5f6 but cant rember the rest any ideas guys?

What model ZyXEL do you have?

Are you sure it provides a wireless connection and not the Linksys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-how-to/how_to_crack_wep_pt1/

If this is too long for you I suggest you search for a WEP cracking program (beware of virus ridden sites when searching).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Renton

if you can find the IP address of the Linksys Router's on your network then you should just be able to browse to them with your web browser.

WRT54G's default IP is 192.168.1.1
    WAP54G's default IP is 192.168.1.245

If you load them up, username admin / password admin is the default if the passwords not been changed.

If you're locked out without a password then you should probably just reset the routers and re-configure them..

Denis.

Advertisement