Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Req) Football Shirt Framing

• 03-12-2006 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi there,
    I have a Pele signed Brazil 1970 jersey and im looking to get two things done:
    First, to get the number 10 put on the back in green lettering/numbering.(The original colour of the numbers for that particular jersey)
    Secondly, to get it framed, like you see on the walls of pubs etc, so i can give it to someone for christmas.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

AFAIK these lads fame jerseys but they dont have a website or anything so best give them a ring. As for getting the green number ten lettering I wouldnt have a clue where to start looking for something like that.

Framewise Picture Framing

209 Crumlin Road,
    Dublin 12.
    01 4555208

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭grahamo

Some of the sports shops (Champion sports etc.) that sell football jerseys do the numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Is it signed on the front or back? If it's signed on the front no need for a number really if its being framed. But yeah, Champion and I think Arnotts/Elverys might offer the same numbering service. Beware, it could make the jersey look tacky though because it won't be the original numbering.

By the way I'm very jealous you got an autograph on yours. I have the same jersey with original numbering and tried my best to get it signed when he was in Easons. Couldn't get near him though.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 17 blade_bakerk

Hi all,

Just to let you know that the below professionally frame jerseys, records, dvds etc. They also frame all the art seen in Oision art galleries.

Frame Factory
    137 Baldoyle Industrial Estate
    Baldoyle
    Dublin 13

Ask for David Baker (my dad) and he will do you a top quality frame. Just remember its none of the tacky stuff or pre made.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭The Cowboy

Thanks for the replies guys.
    Nunu, Its signed on the front so i suppose you`re right. No point spoiling it with the unoriginal prints from Champion etc.
    About the signing, i was up queuing outside easons at 7am that morning in the rain, but it was worth every minute when i finally shook his hand and got my photo. :D Just remembering it now again, it was some buzz inside when he arrived.

Anyway, I`ll give the two places mentioned above a ring and get a quote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Would be interested in seeing how much it's costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭The Cowboy

Quoted €120 for Framewise.
    Quoted €180 for Frame Factory.

I had no idea it was so expensive.
    Might get it done outside of Dublin now, back in Dundalk where its around €50 so im told.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭B1977

any ideas in Limerick where I can get a jersey framed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Might have been easier to start a fresh thread in Bargain Alerts REQUESTS
    then bump a 22 month old thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

yea its expensive to get a jersey professionally framed remember my friend was getting it done and it was over €100 i couldn't get over it but it did look very nice and well done..
    there's a framing place on catherine st. in limerick not sure if they do jerseys, but they do do really nice framing jobs so it'd be worth a try

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 taraframing

Hi
    I do football shirt framing starting at €80.
    Some samples on www.taraframing.com
    Cheers
    Dave

Advertisement