Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dells 24" widescreen owners comments?

Options
  • 03-12-2006 9:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭

Anyone own and rate the latest incarnation of Dell's 24" LCD widescreen monitor? Positives, negatives?

Having used it, how would you imagine what the incoming 27" monitor would be like to use, it will have the same resolution.

Tempted by the 25% off right now myself, although would in theory the 27" be a better all rounder: movies, PC, console.

Cheers,
    C

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

yes the 27" would be better but would the lets say 500e more be better ??

also to play games on these you will need very good gfx cards or card.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

You can rate what one person got, but the Dell Lcd's have no guaranty that the parts used to make one will be used in another.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

Well, people have said very mixed things about the parts / panels used in each and every different Dell 2407WFP, but all *I* can tell you is that I love it.

I hmm'd and haw'd for the bones of a month (it went from 800 to 1000 back to 800 again in that time!) about purchasing it, but I'm glad I did. The one thing I did learn from research, however, is to do your damndest to get Revision A03 model of this monitor; previous revisions are prone to some banding issues. Whether you'll notice that or not yourself is another question.

Another caveat would be to make sure you've a decent enough graphics card, especially if you want to play games. If you're not familiar with LCD's already, you should know that they like to run at a particularl ("native") resolution. The native res of the 2407WFP is 1920x1200 @ 60hz (if memory serves!), which isn't the easiest for an old graphics card to push. However, I'm running a old ATI Radeon 9800 Pro and Windows XP is perfect. I play a good bit of PES6, and can't run it at maxed out detail though so that might give you an idea for how an older PC / graphics card handles it.

On a different note, I have to say the clarity and colour saturation in general are fantastic. The integrated USB hub is actually much more useful than I expected (my PC is neatly tucked away underneath the desk, so charging my phone / MP3 player is handier than before). It's also a lovely looking monitor to boot :) Oh, and I had it with 3 days of placing the order, so credit to Dell on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

good??

a very good :D pc sli i would say to play games maxed out at them reses.

Advertisement