Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moving from O2 billpay to Meteor billpay

• 03-12-2006 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭

Im currently with O2 under 1 of the older price plans, called "something"15. You cant get these plans anymore but basically its costs E15 a month and i get 100free txts and 5euros worth of calls(not sure if the calls are offpeak or anytime)
    100txts costs about E10 and then the E5 free calls so basically there was no rental,,,, which is why i went for this deal.

Anyway, i tend to ring people more so than i used to and im getting fleeced on the phonecall charges. (im not fully sure of the call per min rates, i assume 15c/35???)

Im looking for a new Price Plan.
    However, the cheapest of the new plans is E20 so straight away ill be paying an extra E5. Ill also be losing out on 50txts as the txt bundles on the Easylife and Activelife 20eure plans have only 50free txts. I use at least 100txts a month so thats another E5 or more ill be down on my current plan. So basically ill be paying E25 instead of E15 althought i will be better off with the more "Free Talktime".

Few questions:
    1 - Im thinking of moving to meteor, but im 6months into my 3rd yr of O2 billpay and want to keep my O2 phone number so can i move to meteor or am i stuck to O2`s yearly contract?

2 - I`d have free meteor to meteor txts. Does this apply to two people who are with O2 but have "ported" to meteor keeping their O2 numbers?

3 - Is the talk60 meteor price plan good value? E20 for 60mins of anytime minutes. free meteor txts. E0.09c txts to 086/087 numbers. Assuming i use 100txts a month this would be E9 on top of the E20 so E29 a month. Does meteor have any txt bundle offers i could get to keep the txt costs down?

4 - Out of the basic priceplans on each network which do ye believe to be the best value when you apply it to my needs as described above.(ie:100txts and about an hrs worth of calls a month)

5 - Would i be better off on a Speakeasy type plan? The 1cent per min calls on O2 at wkends are attracting me.
    Thanks, people.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

6 - What is the meter coverage like these days, ill be using it in Louth+Dublin. I had a meteor prepay phone about 5yrs ago and had to get rid because of a seriously annoying lack of coverage bordering on useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭positron

I recently switched from O2 speakeasy to Meteor Billpay. While I don't know much to comment about various price plans, what suits your needs etc - I moved to Meteor because most of my usage was texts to my gf (who also moved to meteor - saving a lot of money there..).

I use it in Louth and Dublin myself and haven't noticed any difference in signal strength compared to O2.

Hope this helps, a bit... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

You get 100 minutes + 100 text messages for €25 a month on 3, or alternatively 200 minutes for the same. See http://www.three.ie/iexplore/ihowmuch/ipriceplans/paymonthly.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

1. O2 will more than likely hold back your number. You will have to buy out your contract, which will be 6 * 15 = 90.

2. Applies to everyone who is on the Meteor network, regardless of what their number is, be it 083, 085, 086 or 087.

3. The Talk 60 is okay value. Technically, 20euro on Pay as you Go is worth more, but with bill pay, you get 5c Meteor to Meteor calls and Free Meteor to Meteor texts, rather than just one. Plus phones are a lot cheaper. You can get a bundle of 150 texts for 7.50 a month. Only once per month though.

4. Meteor gives you 60 mins and 150 texts (plus free Meteor to Meteor texts) for 27.50 a month. That's decent enough. Three are okay too, but I've heard some horror stories with regards to handset unlocking.

5. Pay as you Go could suit if you text a lot of Meteor numbers mainly. Again the O2 1c a minute is good, but I believe it's only 3 designated numbers. The 1c weekends are finished, aren't they?

6. Meteor coverage is fine. 5 years ago was 5 years ago and it was dire. I've been with them for about 16 months now and no coverage issues. I personally feel, from both my own experience and my girlfriends, that O2 coverage has degraded over the last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

chrislad wrote:
    Three are okay too, but I've heard some horror stories with regards to handset unlocking.

I should qualify this by saying first off that I am not a 3 customer. I have a Meteor phone and an O2 phone, one for personal and one for business. However, I have heard that the 3 unlocking issues have finally been sorted, as they now admit to having the codes, though they only seem to hand over unlocking codes when contracts are up/when you upgrade your handset, which seems wrong.
    Again the O2 1c a minute is good, but I believe it's only 3 designated numbers. The 1c weekends are finished, aren't they?

Yep, O2 friends is limited to three (3) designated numbers, but it's still a good offer; it means you can call the three "friends" you call most for 1c a minute! The 1c weekends have been extended until February 2007, though, and O2 are saying it will likely be extended again.
    6. Meteor coverage is fine. 5 years ago was 5 years ago and it was dire. I've been with them for about 16 months now and no coverage issues.

I can definitely confirm that, I've been a Meteor customer for 12 months and have never had any coverage issues. Even in rural Mayo. The only issues I've had with Meteor have been related to customer service and billing. Coverage is excellent, probably better than O2 if anything.

• Advertisement
Advertisement