Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stuffing for turkey

• 03-12-2006 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

I would like to know a basic tasty recipe for a sage and onion stuffing for the Christmas turkey.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭mags16

I don't know much about sage and onion stuffing but last week's observor had a nice recipe for a turkey stuffing that has pine nuts, lemon and spinach. Heat 1 tbs oil and fry 1 chopped onion, 4 crushed cloves of garlic, 1 grated carrot and 2 chopped sticks of celery. When softened, remove from heat and add 75g pine kernals, 175g breadcrumbs, the rind and juice of 1 lemonand 225 g fresh spinach, shredded (or 100g frozen, thawed and drained). Also add 1 beaten egg. Mix and stuff into neck cavity of turkey. They also say that if there is any left over after the stuffing, you can roll it into balls and roast beside turkey for last 20 mins of cooking time. I'll do this one unless someone comes up with a better recipe!!

Advertisement