Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recording to a computer?what do i need?

Options
  • 03-12-2006 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭

hi im want to record vocals but i have to get some stuff first but what excactly.i need a decent mic but what else do i need and keep in mind folks that i dont have a lot of knowledge on musical equipment.i was reading something about an interface and recording to a sound card?how does that work and whats the sound quality like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Yes you need an interface. These will be USB or Firewire devices that act as an interface between your instruments and microphones and your computer. How will it sound? that depends on your instrument quality, microphone quality and pre amp quality (these will feature on your interface alot of the time). It'll also depend on whether your software (a sequencer which allows you to manipulate the recorded sound) supports 16 or 24 bit recording. This probably seems very daunting at first..maybe you should start by posting your computers spec.

Advertisement