Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cubase users! Click track

Options
  • 03-12-2006 10:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hi, this is a stupid question but im new to cubase sx3 and i can't seem to activate the click track? How do you do it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

C on your keyboard or click "Click" on the transport panel. If you want a steady beat rather than a varying beat, click "Tempo" on the transport panel so that it reads "Fixed" and then type in the desired tempo. Best of luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭dfer

Thanks for the reply. I've tried all that and it runs but i can't hear it through the monitors? its like it muted? Has anyone else had this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Is it a cracked version?

I assume you can hear other sounds from Cubase, eg from audio files, etc. If not, check which audio driver you are using.

If you can, then try going to the Transport menu and click Metronome Setup, try changing various options here, turning on MIDI click, etc.

Im using Asio4all driver with a Behringer UCA200 usb interface (which is just 2 phonos in/out).

Im getting audio/midi and the click track but when i want to record say a guitar i have to turn the Tape To Mix button off on my mixer and that mutes everything audio/click) except the incoming guitar track. So its possible to record and i can hear it play back but cannot listen to it when im tracking a guitar part.

My signal chain is guitar-line 6 pod-behringer xenyx mixer-phono outs-usb interface through computer-phono ins (back on mixer)-main outs to monitor.

I've noticed that theres control room outs on the desk, theres no difference control room/main outs? Is there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Go to Optons|Audio|Advance and click on the box stating to use MME. I can't remember the whole phrase, but it was the first box about mid-center.

...let me know if it fixes the problem

Go to Optons|Audio|Advance and click on the box stating to use MME. I can't remember the whole phrase, but it was the first box about mid-center.

...let me know if it fixes the problem

You mean under device setup, but can't find it. I checked all the options and can't find that MME box you mentioned. Can you be more specific about where it is?

It sounds like an issue with you signal path going through the hardware, rather than a cubase thing, but maybe I misunderstand you? Does your soundcard have more than one stereo output? In that case you could route the click track and guitar/whatever seperately and avoid confusion down the signal path.

cornbb wrote:
    It sounds like an issue with you signal path going through the hardware, rather than a cubase thing, but maybe I misunderstand you? Does your soundcard have more than one stereo output? In that case you could route the click track and guitar/whatever seperately and avoid confusion down the signal path.

Yeah it seems to be the mixer thats the problem not the software. No the soundcard only has a stereo output and thats it! Im sending the signal through the main outs to the monitors. im going to try the control room outs. But there quarter inch jacks so i'll have to wait till im up in dublin to pick up male xlr to jack, or a quarter in to xlr adaptor.

Hey guys, so i ended up getting a new sound card cheap on ebay. Its a waveterminal 192M with a breakout box. 4ins 8outs. I installed the newest driver as well so its going grand. One thing i cant get my head around is making a bus for the click track (audition) so it dosent record it on the track. I know its in VST connections under audition but i dont know what output to put it on so i can hear it through my monitors but not get recorded on the track. As well can someone tell me what way the inputs and outs on the Vst conections should be if they had this soundcard?

And just one last thing should i be using my main outs or control room out for my monitors? (This is on hardware mixer)

Any help would be greatly appereciated, Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement