Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung choice -lcd ??

• 03-12-2006 11:04pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭

hi folks,

I need some help here deciding on an lcd for home.
    Was going for a 32 but now a 37 seems a better choice.

I have chorus analogue (unfortunately:rolleyes: ) and will use it for a media center pc and general pc work (thru media center) -will get digital eventually.
    connecting thru dvi.

so options.
    I decided on a samsung as I get more bang for my buck and with just analogue supply - a high end/more expensive lcd may not be worth it.

Komplet - LE37S71 - 1,299
    Komplet - LE37R72B - 1599
    Technikdirekt - LE37R72B -1265

these are 3 tv's I have my eyes on.
    Is it worth going for 37R72B from Technik instead of the 37S71 from Komplet for similar price.
    With my info above, I am swaying to the LE37S71 from komplet at 1,299.

edit - what cable do I need for dvi-hdmi ??

so - what ye think ??

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

ok instead --

is ther any reason why I should not buy this Samsung ??

are there better 37" samsung's out there

thx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭rkeane

I would go for Sony Bravia everytime, Samsung is quite good at LCD's but not as good as Sony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 496 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

Im on the verge of buying a Samsung Lcd but having seen this gona start looking at Sony.
    Is there much of a difference ????
    Is it ratio its better on >>>???

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Ya-Boy-Ya wrote:
    Im on the verge of buying a Samsung Lcd but having seen this gona start looking at Sony.
    Is there much of a difference ????
    Is it ratio its better on >>>???

Why? just becaus one poster said he would go with Sony Bravia everytime.

Samsung make an excellent lcd and are also making many of the panels for other manufactors also, including Sony. Compared to Sony, Samsung are priced very good also. I am not saying that Samsung are better than Sony or vice versa, but what I am saying, you would be hard pushed to get ag good as value for money than what you will get from the Samsung ranges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭ice27

Please correct me if I am wrong but as far as value for money is I dont think you can match Samsung in terms of specifications. Lets just say you had €1500 to €2000 euros to spend on a LCD. All Samsung LCD's seem to have a way better contrast ratio then Sony's and can match Sony in terms of performance that would effect picture qaulity in many other specifications. I stand very much corrected but that is what I am picking up when I do my limited research in LCD's! Sony's seem to have a very low contrast ratio! Why is this? Have they something else which means they dont need to rely on contrast ratio's???:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭meelick

ice27 wrote:
    All Samsung LCD's seem to have a way better contrast ratio then Sony's and can match Sony in terms of performance that would effect picture qaulity in many other specifications.

I have to agree. I looked at a 46" Sony and 46" Samsung side by side in a store recently, and the Samsung won hands down. Also, motion artefacts seemed much reduced on the Samaung. It was an easy decision for me, but everybody is different... :)

Oh, I bought the Samsung, and am very happy with it.

Cheers,
    Dave.

Advertisement