Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week in Politics shows support for FF/Lab gov

Options
  • 04-12-2006 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭

The results of the focus group on tonight's Week in Politics special threw up some really interesting results - the participants seemed to really dislike FF and the PDs; McDowell in particular came in for a lot of criticism.

Surprisingly, the most popular option for forming the next government was a FF/Labour coalition. Rabbitte was very popular with the participants, but the idea of a FG/Labour coalition was very unpopular; people just weren't convinced by it.

Wonder if there's going to be any cooling-off of the Mullingar Accord after this? Personally I'd like to see Labour stop taking the centre-ground and acquiescing to FG policies and take a stronger stance on issues like housing, health, education and justice. Watching the results from the focus group tonight, it looks like it would really stand to them.

Anyone else see the programme? Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mickd

It shows that its all to play for. Rabbitte needs to talk to people not at people. One thing is that people do not want to see FG or PDs in government.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

It was an excellent programme, the part I found most interesting was the peoples reaction to the speeches they showed, Kenny was the only one they liked more after hearing what he had to say. I was surprised how many people liked Bertie but didn't believe what he said in his speech.

Its seems people are crying out for alternatives and just want the opposition to present them with real policy's instead of just attacking the government.

I wonder what the Labour party thought of the group preferring a FF LB government over others.

Great show just a pity it wasn't a bit longer.

Advertisement