Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tyre prices

Options
  • 04-12-2006 10:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

Need to put two new tyres on a golf. Can anyone give me an idea of what sort of price I should expect.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I bought two tyres for my car last Friday. Goodyear Eagle F1, 235/45/17 @ €155 each. Good brand, decent longevity, excellent adhesion to the ground.
    maybe if you gave us some info on your wheels/tyres it would make life easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Be The Holy

Got a new tyre for €50 over the weekend from local garage. Question I have, should a new tyre be put on the front or back of the vehicle as it will have a greater thread depth than its axle counterpart? Will it create an imbalance? Does it matter a damn?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

tbh, unless there was a specific reason for getting one, I would opt for replacing both at the same time.
    Howeer,it shouldn't make too much of a difference assuming the other one is still in good conditon.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭homerjk

I got two Dunlop SP Sport 01 195/65/15 in dave mc canns coolmine for €75 each fitted and all. Have never had them on before but they are €74 quid on eiretyres.com so i thought it was a good deal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭littlejukka

i got two firestones for the front of my corolla just before sitting my test. 130 euro for the tyres, fitting and wheel balancing in kwikfit, clanbrassil street.

• Advertisement
Advertisement