Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My latest film!

• 04-12-2006 11:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭

Howdo! I entered my latest film 'Clock Stopper Chopper' in the Robbie Williams video contest at
    http://www.robbiewilliams.com/rudeboxshorts/

'twould be much appreciated if anyone here would vote for it and help a fellow Irish lad win it!!
    Either way I'd love to get yer opinions.
    Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

not bad man but i really thought/hoped music was gonna kick in when he put the tape in the walk man. silent movies kinda suck!!!!

any way some good camera work in there and was an easy watch..

keep it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

but i really thought/hoped music was gonna kick in when he put the tape in the walk man. silent movies kinda suck!!!!

uhmm...

Might be a fault at your end, there's music playing throughout the entire piece.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Excellent effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭shnaek

Thanks for the feedback. It's brilliant to get some reactions! Much appreciated. Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    uhmm...

Might be a fault at your end, there's music playing throughout the entire piece.

oh yeah...

damn speakers!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Just a few points:

-The first cut is a jump cut, don't know if this was on purpose, but it didn't look that good.

- Four shots to get him up the stairs!?! Too much IMO, one will do. Rule of editing: Have a reason to cut (Cut must be motivated). THe shot of him goin up the stairs shot through the bedroom door had no reason to be there.

- Another jump cut when he goes into the bathroom.

- The two cut before the last one don't work (but that's just my opinion!)

Hope you don't think I'm picking on you or anything, just giving you feedback!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭shnaek

It's always good for the learning process to get constructive feedback. And on Christmas day no less!

Advertisement