Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Difference between Airis models....

Options
  • 04-12-2006 12:05pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭

According to the Pixmania site, the only difference between the T920EF and the 920XXL is that the XXL has a 3.5" screen rather than a smaller 2.5" screen (and the price of course!)

The weight and physical dimensions seem to be exactly the same.

Has anyone felt that 2.5" was a little small when driving and that the extra inch would be worth the extra €50 ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I think the 2.5" screen is a typo on the EF, Ithink they are both exactly the same Airis, but that the XXL has a 2GB card instead of the 256 or 512 the EF comes with.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Ahhh, that explains it ! Thanks !

Just to be sure, the model that everyone here seems to be buying is the T920EF correct as the T920E doesn't seem to be on the Pixmania site anymore.

I've been in contact with mysatnav.ie and they claim that the T920 (UK/Ireland) is the only model with the Q2 2006 Navteq maps and that the EF has the Q1 maps yet there are loads of people in this thread that seem to have the EF with the Q2 maps!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

Ponster wrote:
    Ahhh, that explains it ! Thanks !

Just to be sure, the model that everyone here seems to be buying is the T920EF correct as the T920E doesn't seem to be on the Pixmania site anymore.

I've been in contact with mysatnav.ie and they claim that the T920 (UK/Ireland) is the only model with the Q2 2006 Navteq maps and that the EF has the Q1 maps yet there are loads of people in this thread that seem to have the EF with the Q2 maps!
    I have the EF with Q2 2006 Navteq maps and it comes with a 3.5inch screen.....the only difference between the two models is the 2gig card as opposed to the 512mb with the cheaper model.

Hmm, that's pretty weird the folks on mysatnav would say that and the folks here are claiming it's Q2:confused: How can you guys who own it, tell it's Q2?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

cormie wrote:
    Hmm, that's pretty weird the folks on mysatnav would say that and the folks here are claiming it's Q2:confused: How can you guys who own it, tell it's Q2?

In the 23 page thread people have verified that the Pixmania version does infact come with the Q2 maps by checking in the 'about' page of the software. Also it has roads and bypasses that only the July 2006 Q2 version would have.

• Advertisement

Ok cool thanks. May as well just go ahead and get it now so!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I bought mine from Pixmania and it defo has the Q2 maps

Go for it:D

Mik

Advertisement