Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kennels, Where to go and How much to pay

Options
  • 04-12-2006 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

I would like to buy a kennel for my golden retriever. She is still only a puppy (12 weeks) but she is already very big and I want one that will do her when she is an adult anyway.

She is very much a house pet but we do want the flexibility to be able to give her the run of the garden on a mild day if we need to go out for a few hours. We don't crate her for more than 2 hours SO if we need to go out for 4 or 5 hours and we can't crate her, then we are forced to leave her inside able to move about our bathroom and side passage and she is forced to do her business inside the house on newspaper or floors which goes against our current training programe. We have no paper down anymore. We bring her outside consistently and often and she is starting to get the message. She has even starting to go to the back door sometimes (not always;) ) when she needs to relieve herself. Therefore a Kennel seems a better option for between 3 and 5 hours on her own weather permitting.

Where is the best place to get a good selection of kennels, preferably onse with Dog flap doors so that it has more protection from wind and rain?

How much can we expect to pay for one suitable for an adult retriever?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭hughm

Never mind....I got one.

Woodedn Kennel 43" x 27" x 35.5" for €160 with a dog flap instead of a door.

By the way, did you know that PerStop Superstore (Blanchardstown) will deliver in Dublin for FREE for anything over €50.

Advertisement