Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

MR2 rev/speed limiter

Options
  • 04-12-2006 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I recently got a 98 MR2 beams, straight in from Japan. The thing has either a rev or speed limiter on it (think its speed) which limits to prob 200KpH @ 6500 revs (clock goes to 8000rpm).

Can I get whatever limiter is on there taken off? Would that be a wise thing to do or is it there for a reason (to protect the engine?). If I can, anyone know where I could get it done?

I dont drive around at 200kph.... but if I can get it taken off i'd like to.

Thanks alot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭paul moore

At a little after 200kph the car should hit fuel cut....i think this is what they call it ??
    The car will just cut out for about 5 sec's untill the speed is down a little,if it goes on by 200 kph or so it has been removed already,Take it for a good blast and you'll know very quick !!
    Join a MR2 Forum,they are very helpful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 NjG

Cheers Paul. Thats exactly it. hits 200kph and just cuts back.
    so its a fuel cut off...... thanks mate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

It should be limiting at 180kph or there abouts - the same as all jap imports.

There's crude ways of doing it on some cars by chopping certain wires but to do it properly get an apexi RSM,it'l show your rev's + speed ect aswell as delimit the car.

rsm.jpg

http://www.modyourcar.com.au/product_info.php?products_id=495

Wiring them isnt too complicated,it involves tapping into ecu wires but theres diagrams available for them online

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭touge_drift

yes all jap cars are limited by jap law to 180kph...

if you want to delimit the speed as above get an rsm.. i wudnt dare delimit the revs.... or else you wont have an mr2 much longer

Advertisement