Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games with plenty of eye candy

Options
  • 04-12-2006 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭

I'm expecting delivery of my new laptop this week and I am looking for suggestions on games with plenty of the aforementioned eye candy and obviously good games too. I haven't bought a pc game in ages. Main games I play are fps, although I quite like the look of Company of Heroes. Suggestions welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

petes wrote:
    I'm expecting delivery of my new laptop this week and I am looking for suggestions on games with plenty of the aforementioned eye candy and obviously good games too. I haven't bought a pc game in ages. Main games I play are fps, although I quite like the look of Company of Heroes. Suggestions welcome.

What is the spec of your laptop?

Little point in getting the latest game with the latest super dupper graphics engine if your laptop is not up to playing it at a decent speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Core 2 Duo 2.16GHz
    2 Gig of ram
    512mb Geforce Go 7950 GTX

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭WallysWorld

Petes would you mind telling me where you got your laptop and for how much, Im in the market for something along the lines of that myself.

PM me with details if you want, cheers.

Its a Dell XPS 1710. Cost about €2300 net of vat. Hopefully it will be delivered this week.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You can't beat the Dead or Alive games for eye candy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

If you want a good laptop deal then take a look at Harvey Norman's deals. I picked up a decent enough one for €1,300 [~2GHZ Processor, 512MB Radeon X700, gig o' ram, 80GB HDD]

As for a game with nice eye candy for the PC in the FPS area, get F.E.A.R , get into the Half Life 2 series if you haven't already, and PREY has good visuals aswell.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Medieval 2 has some pretty amazing battle scenes, if you into rts games. Call of Juarez, FEAR, Half Life 2 if your into fps. Oblivion, Neverwinter Nights 2 (terribly optimised though) if your into rts's.

Cheers. I've already played HL2. Might get it again. Downloaded demo of Call of Juarez yesterday and it didn't look to bad on my current laptop so I think I'll have a go at that.

Advertisement