Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you do for Grooming?

• 04-12-2006 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

I must say, I am not the tidiest looking person. I keep myself clean etc, but never have that polished look, like some people do. The only thing I do on a regular basis is pluck my eye brows.
    Just wondering what people like to do for that super-groomed look?

I have been meaning to shave my legs and paint my toe nails forever (I do paint toe nails, but a few hours after applying nail varnish, it usually chips).

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Pluck my eyebrows
    Wax my upper lip
    Shave my legs and bikini line (too chicken to wax there) :o
    Paint my toenails
    Deep cleanse my face at night
    Moisturise regularly
    Once a month or so I use an exfoliating mask called Love Lettuce from Lush, leaves my skin really soft :)
    And then of course the obvious stuff like brush my teeth and put on deoderant, makeup, perfume etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

There's a bird on my head. He's grooming me. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Pluck eyebrows every 2nd day
    Wax wherever necessary every 2 weeks.
    Shave bits i dont wax every 2-3 days
    Facial scrub everynight
    Apply tan
    Gel nails and french pedicure on toenails.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Pluck eyebrows when they need to be plucked.
    Shave legs when I start to resemble a yetti.
    Shave pits when I'm wearing a sleeveless top.
    Wax bikini line if I fancy a swim/expect some action.
    Moisturise daily.
    Cleanse daily.
    Tone daily.
    Exfoliate twice a week.
    Minimal makeup during the day, bit more dramatic at night (red lips, flicky eyeliner)
    No hair products. EVER.
    White musk oil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

pluck my monobrow &
    shave my willy (that's right)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Paint my nails once a week, use Simple clensing wipes every day, have a bath most days - that is it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

Once my hair looks nice I feel well-groomed enough. it doesn't matter how much nail varnish or whatever I have on, if I'm having a bad hair day I never feel like I look well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

Every day, cleanse, tone, moisturise, smooth on a bit more st. tropez mousse every couple of days (nothing dramatic just a slight tone darker), use Clarins Natural Nail Polish perfector on my fingernails (Quite Clear), Toe Nail polish, shave legs etc, Face scrub once a week. Trying to body brush daily before shower!
    Won't leave the house without small amount of foundation and mascara etc.

Just Coz is dead right - grooming is all in the hair (my hair is a frizz nightmare)....If you have the hair, everything else hardly matters! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Floyd Soul

Man! Being a woman sounds hard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Sure is hard to be a woman. God, some of those routines are rigirous!

I have decided to grow my finger nails. Used to have nice nails. Yeah, actually probably if youve nice hair and nice nails you look more groomed.

What toe nail polish do ye use? Is there any good anti-chip ones?

See to me, grooming is about smelling nice. As long as I smell nice, I feel grand. But maybe will add a bit more to my routine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Shower every day, teeth twice, wax as opposed to gel in the hair (I've 3 inch long messy hair), and I use a beard trimmer to keep my beard looking like I missed a day's shaving. And that's about it. It's great to be a guy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,665 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Other than the willy-shaver and Ned78, I presume you're all women?

Mine is simple:
    Get up, brush teeth, wash hands and face, get dressed, leave.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

I feel so lazy after reading all this! I cleanse tone and moisturise everyday allright but have still got red nail varnish on from a party I went to on saturday night have been too busy to get to take it off

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

There's a bird on my head. He's grooming me. :)

:D:D

Advertisement