Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

agp card with scart output where to buy

Options
  • 04-12-2006 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere i can buy a agp card with scart output,i just wanna use it to connect pc to tv.I know about svideo cards ,its just scart would be handier for me ,i dont need a 256meg card its just for watching dvds ,on standard pal tv,and casual gaming.64 meg memory would be fine,i,m not playing quake 4 on a tv .IF i use my svideo card ,what is the best resolution to set up pc ,on a hd 720p 1080i tv hdcrt digital tv , 100mhz .DOES SVIDEO have a standard resolution like 720x576?I,M setting up tv for a friend so,scart would be easier for her to use,re connecting to tv.She has agp pc p4 1.8ghz, no pc x slot in that pc.Should i set pc refresh rate on grahics card to 75 htz, or 60htz for svideo connection to a 100htz tv.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

First off what make & model TV is this you mention that it is a HDTV ?

(HDTV's usually have much better inputs than scart & s-video)

AGP card with scart output nope don't exist in discrete market as far as I'm aware.

(there are special cases like the media PC's Medion build these often come with a scart output built into the chassis)

The next best thing is this box of tricks which will take any VGA output & convert it into either scart or s-video with a max resolution of 1280x1024 supported.

There is one more route and that are VGA to scart cables these can be tricky to come by but I think Maplins has them.

As for s-video the max res depends on the display it is plugged into but it does support standard definition resolutions at a minimum like 720x576 or 800x600.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

Samsung 32z 419d HDtv hdcrt 720p/1080 it has HDMI, component ,svideo ,2av scart , uhf/vhf connectors.I wannt to use svideo for pc, got it connected,in 800,and 1024x768 resolutions, picture is ok, i just wanna get exact resolution.I dont know the exact resolution of this tv,not in manual, i assume its STANDARD HDtv 720,1080i resolutions.SO do I set refresh rate at 60,or 75 htz on the pc graphics card,for connection to a 100mhz hd tv.

If you have a Samsung HDTV then don't waste your time with s-video & scart use the VGA/DVI or HDMI connections or the component inputs you will get far better picture quality out of the screen.

The model number you supplied isn't quite right so I cannot verify the inputs that are on the display but all current Samsung HDTV's come with at least;
    HDMI
    component

With the possibility of DVI or VGA for (easy) PC usage.

If you want to connect the computer to the TV get a DVI-HDMI cable or check the back of the TV for VGA/DVI ports.

Once you are connected the native resolution will be 1366x768 the maximum you will likely be able to see is 1360x768 in order to get it exactly right you must force a custom resolution. Though I find 1280x720 works well as a lower resolution that fills out the screen.

Tip;
    720 = 1280x720
    1080 = 1980x1080
    The Samsung HDTV you have is not a 1080 model it is a 720 capable display.
    Leave the refresh rates as standard in Windows with your HDTV they do not need to be altered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

IT has no dvi, or vga.JUST component,hdmi, svideo .i just got 360,i cant afford hdmi cable at the moment.i,ll use it in 720 res as above in a svideo mode,refresh rate 60mhz.the picture on sd tv ,cable tv dvds,and 360 720p is perfect,great color realism,deep blacks,very subtle color tones,great skin tones.

Ignore the B-Tech branded cables just get a generic one like this 2M cable going for €16. Even with delivery it should only be around €27.

You can alter the picture quality settings in the colour controls settings on the TV, you can also alter the preset profiles.

Also I do not know if they still do it but Samsung used to set the colour tone to "cool" by default when it should have been set to "normal".

• Advertisement
Advertisement