Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

changing car

Options
  • 04-12-2006 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭

just wondering if anybody has any good recommendations for me on what car to get next. looking for a car between 1.3 and1.6l engine and willing to spend 6000-7000. oh and im only 21 so no granny cars just something tidy and reliable!

cheers,
    fitz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

thafitz wrote:
    just wondering if anybody has any good recommendations for me on what car to get next. looking for a car between 1.3 and1.6l engine and willing to spend 6000-7000. oh and im only 21 so no granny cars just something tidy and reliable!

cheers,
    fitz

Ford Focus, Honda Civic, Opel Astra, Toyota Corolla, Seat Leon, etc. All pretty much good popular cars and plenty to choose from.

Focus and Leon are better in 1.6 litre than 1.4 litre though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Have you got a full licence? Insurance quotes etc? It'd be nasty to buy a nice new car and then discover that you can't afford to insure it afterwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

I have had the 1.6 Focus Saloon, 2000 reg, never had any problems. My Wife currently has a 00 H/back, which is for sale, Nice tidy car to drive. If you can get the Zetec Collection it has a factory fitted spoiler and different front and rear bumpers to make it look more sporty, It doesn't look like a boy racers car. 6-7k should get you a 99-00. The only problem I have ever come across that is a coil can stop working and cause petrol to be dumped into the cat thus causing it to burn out.

Civic's used to be loaded by insurance companies, thanks to it being a fan of the joyriders and the imports with hight BHP than the Irish equlivent. I don't know if they still do or not. You will probably get stopped a lot by the Gaurd's as well, unless you have the saloon type.

Advertisement