Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New grass is yellowing - why?

Options
  • 04-12-2006 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

Hi,
    I sowed a new lawn in September. I didn't get a chance to cut it, and it now ranges about 3 to 5 inches in height. I've noticed in the last week that patches of it are starting to turn yellow. Anybody know what this is about, and what I can do about it, now or in early Spring?
    Thanks,
    /M.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

A couple of reasons could be the garden getting waterlogged and the grass is just sitting in the water, another could be weedkiller that was sprayed nearby and may have blown onto the grass. You might look at getting some Autumn grass feed which will help. I doubt frost would be a factor as it has been mild enough recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

Just a thought from experience....you dont happen to have an central heating oil line running in that area?...beware the badly installed oil pipe.

If you do, to eliminate that, get a plumber to do a pressure test on the line.

Just a thought.

Dave_W

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭amerden

Do you have a female dog?? or could be rubble just under the surface, do as Delly suggests with an autumn feed or leave until spring and give it a good feed then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Did you have any well dressed Russian visitors recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭KAGY

Happening to me and all the new lawns around. the ground is very waterlogged so I assume that is the reason. It should recover come the spring

• Advertisement
Advertisement