Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boy dies in Indonesia.Wrestling blamed......again

• 04-12-2006 1:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭

Yet again another case of kids trying to imitate wrestlers and try moves on their friends.......well,so it claimed......
    You have probably heard of the protests that have been underway in Indonesia over the last week because of a father claiming that his 9 year old son was beaten up by three 15 year old boys who were trying "wrestling moves" on his son.It was a week later that the father sought medical treatment for his son who died a month later from "causes not yet identified"(quoted from wwe.com).
    As you can expect the media have taken this opportunity to point the finger at wrestling.......**yawn** AGAIN.
    The station that airs WWE in Indonesia did pull the plug on the Raw or Smackdown show that was due to be broadcasted last week because of huge protests.I read somewhere that the station is considering pulling the plug permanently on all future WWE programmings also.
    What are your thoughts on this and who in your opinion is to blame etc?

My take is the following:
    For a start we are constantly being warned "not to try this at home" by WWE programmings.Whether these guys are kids and dont speak english doesnt matter after that.From a legal standpoint WWE have filled their obligation to try and make people not reinact ANYTHING that they see on their programmes.
    Also,How can you turn around and say that the kids were trying "wrestling moves" and rule out the possibility of them simply fighting(like kids so often do)?I dont know what "moves" were performed on his son but we see slams in wrestling and we see slams in something like the UFC aswell but the finger always seems to point at wrestling.
    I believe that the family of the boy should not be looking to point fingers at anyone else other than the three 15 year old boys that are claimed to have killed their son PROVIDED that it was their use of "wrestling moves" that led to his death and NOTHING else.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

a wwk later his old man looked for medical help?

parental neglegience?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Mossy Monk wrote:
    a wwk later his old man looked for medical help?

parental neglegience?

theres another thing......................theres so many that you could think of from the top of your head...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

The police have already said that there's no reason to believe that the child's death has anything to do with watching wrestling

Could you blame James Bond if your son is shot? Could you blame the FA if someone's hurt playing football? It's the exact same as blaming WWE in this situation. I don't stand up for them an awful lot, but they aren't to blame in my opinion

I'm sure a good few people have read it, but the last chapter of Mick Foley's second autobiography goes into a lot of detail on some cases that targetted the WWE for children's deaths, it's an interesting read

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

you can see whats happening, the child dies the parent is distraught and lashes out at the first thing they can think of, or worse they've listened to someone who's up on their high horse like a particular doctor thats totally anti wrestling, or whatever but the parent is just grieving, as for not seeking the medical help a lot of bullied kids are warned to keep their mouth shut, he may have kept his injuy from his father or explained it away as a fall. to assume parental negligence at this stage is stupid and dangerous.

you can see whats happening, the child dies the parent is distraught and lashes out at the first thing they can think of, or worse they've listened to someone who's up on their high horse like a particular doctor thats totally anti wrestling, or whatever but the parent is just grieving, as for not seeking the medical help a lot of bullied kids are warned to keep their mouth shut, he may have kept his injuy from his father or explained it away as a fall. to assume parental negligence at this stage is stupid and dangerous.
    it had been said that the dad "waited" a week before he got some medical attention which suggests that he knew all along.Also if you are being bullied,what are the chances of a bully trying "wrestling moves" on you by telling you to get onto his shoulders so that he can give you a last ride or something

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

to assume parental negligence at this stage is stupid and dangerous.

what would "waited a week" imply to you? doesn't come close to suggesting that he didnt know

mossy anyone with half a brain can tell you it doesn't mean he didn't know and it doesn't mean he did, you're assuming, jumping to conclusions.

fatal you posted originally that three 15 year olds beat up the 9 year old, do you not think three 15 year olds capable of lifting a 9 year old they mightn't even have had to lift him just puches and kicks . i'm not saying wrestlings to blame, i said it's understandable that the parent lashed out at something, but for us with 0.0 amount of details to make assumptions about anything is stupid.

to be honest i think you missed the real point here,this tragedy has been hijacked, it's a staged protest, an anti-western protest and there is much more in this than just wrestling.

to be honest i think you missed the real point here,this tragedy has been hijacked, it's a staged protest, an anti-western protest and there is much more in this than just wrestling.

im glad you brought that point up because as I was typing,I was considering putting that bit in but I decided not to and just to focus on the pro wrestling aspect of it and not the politics.The protest was an anti western protest but the accusations being made are anti-wrestling and lets try and focus on those and any past wrestling protest that has made the media point the finger at wrestling alone in a negative way

it said on wwe.com that the police have cleared WWE of any influence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

I think you'll find if you examine the rooms of the 15 year olds, you'll discover a "Child's Play" DVD, copies of GTA: Vice City and Doom, an NWA album and a copy of Jack Thompsons autobiography, "Blame Your Problems on Someone Else!!!"

• Advertisement
Advertisement