Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please tell me where I stand

Options
  • 04-12-2006 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

I have just got off the phone with a very ignorant man. I rang up the hotel where I had my wedding booked for the 25th August. I had to cancel.
    I said to the man on the phone that I would like to cancel my wedding booking for the 25th August. He took our names and said "Ok thats gone". I said "And what about my €500 deposit I paid". He said "Oh you've lost that now" He was being really rude. I said "No, the deposit is refundable" He SHOUTED " It is not". I said "no it is refundable it says that in your terms and conditions." He replies shouting again "It certainly does not" I said "It does say it's refundable" He shouts again "It says non-refundable". I was shocked at his manner. I said" I have your terms and conditions that you gave me right here infront of me and it says "€500 initial booking fee which is refundable on cancellation if the hotel can re-sell the date" He says "Well if we sell the date well then but your money is gone" I asked for his name, he gave it to me, he's the owner. I said "Ok, Thank you" and he hung up on me.
    Where can I go from here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

I imagine if they resell the date then you get your deposit back, if they don't you don't. Hopefully I followed the OP properly.

Your man sounds like a complete fool, I'd badger him for the money constantly on point of principal.

Keep us updated

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Obviously a family hotel chain.

Don't laugh but if I were you I'd get Joe Duffy / Gerry Ryan show involved, the likelihood is once one of their researchers ring them he will sh1t it and cave in. Its obvious he's shafted you :mad:

If that doesnt work ask a mod if you can name and shame them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 li

Yeah, I understand that I only get the money back if he resells the date but he doesn't want to refeund me at all.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Sorry to hear you had to cancel your wedding. Keep a hold of your T&C and get someone to call the hotel to see if the day is booked out. If it is you're sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭bullrunner

you can get your money back if the hotel can resell it??? sounds like the dodgiest condition ever...what if its a sh*t hotel and nobody wants to book it? what if the hotel have a terrible marketing system?

i'd say that once they have more than about 2 mths to the date that you can reasonable claim that they should be able to resell the date...not your problem if the cant...i'd demand your money back if they have a reasonable time to the date then they should give you your money back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I'd turn up at that date just to see if they have another wedding booked.

Otherwise ring them every day to see if they have sold it yet.

Advertisement