Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making a shotgun shell safe?

Options
  • 04-12-2006 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭

Folks,
    A question from a friend who's looking to make a pair of cufflinks with a shotgun shell design - she was given a shell to make the imprint from, but it's still got a live primer in it. What's the safest way to make the primer safe without doing damage to the face of the shell?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

Use a shotgun... empty shell = safe shell.
    Then use a solder iron to dress up the pin mark on the primer.

Otherwise , use WD-40 and spray it into the primer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

Yeah either fire or oil the primer or you could knock it out and replace it with one can get em off ebay.

I hope that woman has a license to be handling live rounds;)

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭sidneyreilly

Fire it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭.243

or you could just buy shotgun shell cufflinks ,they are out there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

Unless it's a 410 , they're going to be bloody big cuff links. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

.243 wrote:
    or you could just buy shotgun shell cufflinks ,they are out there

Check out The William Powell Catalogue for 2007

Cartridge cufflinks Part no 202, A snip at £85 sterling:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Shotgun shell cufflinks ok.But try this;a mate of mine in Berlin was telling me that this year the ripped jeans look was in.Next year the bullet hole look is going to be in.BUT the real trendy will have genuine bullet holes in his/her jeans,and the jeans will come WITH the spent shell casings to prove it!!!:eek: :eek:

Now,that got me thinking think of how much ammo we send down range on paper targets.we get a bunch of these jeans that need to be customised with whatever calibre holes,tie them on to the targets down range, a price per calibre round. Ammo paid for!Lots of fun!!:D Any calibre seems acceptable inc 12GA at close range.:eek: Pop in the used shells,fashion divas of the world very happy.
    The things people will wear.........:rolleyes: :eek:
    Maybe I'll bring out a special from line from Limerick the "Sham line" of hoodies and tracksuits,with inbuilt front belly holsters.:D :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

I think the slahshed look is in in limerick at the moment! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

http://mail.google.com/mail/?attid=0.1.0.1&disp=thd&view=att&th=10f28ed43fb5de7b

Nokia have made a new phone for all shooting fans
    hear these are selling like mad as well...:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement