Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why no Wake for me???

Options
  • 04-12-2006 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭

ok - So i'm patched up to 1.4 (I think) and I'm playing away on any number of servers...going through different maps no problem..

how3ever, when any server I'm on, switches to Wake Island, my PC will load, verify client data etc etc, I click on 'Join' and it bombs out, telling me to revert my version - I dunna understand why this happens only for Wake Island map?

Any ideas?

Also,. I'm a bit confused about the patchesw - A few months ago, I installed the game and applied full patch 1.4. Is there a 1.41 patch? - is there an incremental from 1.4->1.41?

Appreciate some clarification...

Many thanks,

I miss WAke (oh yea - just remembered - it did work in the beginning, then stopped - I think after I installed Special Forces, which didn';t work either....:(

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

There is a 1.41 patch available yes. There isn't an incremental version available I'm afraid but that's probably due to the amount of problems that the smaller version of the patch caused.

When Wake doesn't worjk but all the other maps do then it's always a problem with the patch and can usually be solved by repatching. AFAIK when you install SF you need to reapply the latest patch over it as SF installs the 1.21 patch (you can't prevent it from doing so).

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

Ponster wrote:
    There is a 1.41 patch available yes. There isn't an incremental version available I'm afraid but that's probably due to the amount of problems that the smaller version of the patch caused.

When Wake doesn't worjk but all the other maps do then it's always a problem with the patch and can usually be solved by repatching. AFAIK when you install SF you need to reapply the latest patch over it as SF installs the 1.21 patch (you can't prevent it from doing so).

Great thanks - So just to confirm - I need to uninstall, reinstall the game, then install SF and then aply the 1.41 patch...correct?

Actually all you should need to do is install the 1.41 patch and everything will be fine but as it's BF2 we're talking about I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up doing as you suggested but try not uninstalling anything and giev the patch a go on it's own first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Ponster wrote:
    There isn't an incremental version available I'm afraid but that's probably due to the amount of problems that the smaller version of the patch caused.

More like they couldnt have been arsed to make one.Did an EA employee not state that somewhere ....

;)

They announced that the incremental version caused problems and rather than delaying the patch release deta, they just released the FULL version instead.

Incremental vfersions should be avoided like the plague.

• Advertisement

that did the job - just applied the 1.41 patch - SF is now working and had a quick game on Wake - cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Well now that ya have it working ya can always comd on our wake 24/7 server
    24/7 Wake Island -<{1st-IB}>-
    IP: 217.146.92.74:16569

game monitor

cheers - I will do..

I'm mad to try out this organised clan fighting - it must make a real difference to gameplay.....got my mic fixed and all - do ye use teamspeak?....ah maybe I'll have a look at yer site and see what the craic is...

Advertisement