Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Megadeth - Gears Of War

• 04-12-2006 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

What do you guys think of this track, is it a sign of whats to come with the new album?
    I'm not sure what to make of it. Its certainly different from Megadeths old style.
    The lyrics seems a bit stupid, which is common for Megadeth i guess.
    It will take a few more listens......

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/news/index.aspx?PageNum=3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

I know he was never the best singer.........

but Dave's voice sounds a bit off. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Daves voice has always sounded 'a little off'

Hes not the best signer, he should have really given vocal duties in Megadeth to someone else, I think its the unique raspyness that has allowed him to maintain the vocal status he has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

Ther word your looking for is rubbish, don't be afraid to say it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I've removed the link. The legality of that mp3 is questionable. Only link something from the band's official website, or record company's site.

Edit: Re-opened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Thanks for reopening, sorry about the unofficial like, Official one in place now :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

tuxy wrote:
    Thanks for reopening, sorry about the unofficial like, Official one in place now :)

No bother at all.

I'm sure you understand though, I've got to be careful of any possible dodginess. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

I kinda like this song (but then again I like everything Mustaine does).

Just heard it in context.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 deftdony

I think 'Gears of War' shows Megadeth are truly heading away from the 'Risk' horrow days, mind you I was pretty sure of that after I`d heard 'The Sytem has Failed'. The intro is cool, especially when Dave starts his riffing and the solo towards the end is sweet. Mind you I think Dave might be trying to sing a-bit out of his range but I could`nt care less. Megadeth on the right track still but the album wont be rust in peace 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Ancient1 wrote:
    I kinda like this song (but then again I like everything Mustaine does).
    You liked risk? Or did you mean almost everything? :)
    deftdony wrote:
    I think 'Gears of War' shows Megadeth are truly heading away from the 'Risk' horrow days, mind you I was pretty sure of that after I`d heard 'The Sytem has Failed'.

Ya, i knew it was a good sign when i heard United Abominations is going to be a trash metal album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

tuxy wrote:
    Ya, i knew it was a good sign when i heard United Abominations is going to be a trash metal album.

It's thrash.

• Advertisement
Advertisement