Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rammstein Volkerball

• 04-12-2006 2:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hello rockers! does anyone here know where I can get Rammstein volkerball online or even in Ireland?
    I'm not looking for the dvd plus cd standard one, nor the 2 dvd plus cd digipak, I want the limited edition 2 dvd plus 2 cd plus tour book package. Play.com have sold out of them, cdwow don't have the limited edition, neither do amazon, I googled and couldn't get anywhere, there's no point in pre-ordering it because if it's not in stock now god knows when it will be.
    All help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

it's gone? you're kidding me :(

i was going to get it at the weekend. mate of mine said he saw it in HMV when it came out (a week or two ago), so i assumed there'd be plenty (given it's €90 odd).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

sold out online anyway. Is it in the shops in Ireland? I'm in France at the moment, not in the biggest of places so it's not here like. I was pretty disappointed aswell.
    And we don't even have a HMV or Virgin in waterford, arghhhhhh!
    what's a rammstein fan supposed to do? I was broke at the time it came out and had to wait to be paid.

Right I've just paid 42 sterling for it on hmv.co.uk but it's not in stock at the moment they're waiting on it.
    an experienced mod on herzeleid.com said she was told that the official rammsteinshop.com will be getting them in shortly to supply the extra demand but the price might be a bit higher.
    So much for the one present I wanted for christmas.

Could you post here if you saw it in the shops anywhere back in Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Could I ask you rammsteiners a favour? My German BF is a big fan and I was wondering if you could suggest some other music that he may not of heard along a similar line that I could get as christmas stocking fillers?

Thanks

Could I ask you rammsteiners a favour? My German BF is a big fan and I was wondering if you could suggest some other music that he may not of heard along a similar line that I could get as christmas stocking fillers?

Thanks

megaherz - 5

if he likes rammstein he'll love that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

But if he likes Rammstein, and is actually German, he might already be a fan of Megaherz!

OP, I didn't get mine online though I went to a run of the mill cd shop (Golden Discs) and had them order it in for me. I only do this because I get a bitch'n discount there, otherwise, online is definatly the best bet.
    (edit)Just readin up on it...turns out, only x amount were made, and due to a hugely unforseen demand, a second pressing run was needed. Haha, not just more ordered, but more have to be made...you could be waiting a while OP.

Anyway....about the dvd.
    What was everyones reactions?

I ****ing loved it. One friend couldn't understand why I loved it so much as it was basically the exact same show we went to see but it really was amazing to see it all again...and it brought back so many brilliant memories. What a band!

The only flaw I found, was that I thought the editing was a bit poor in some places. Anybody else find this?

• Advertisement

I was at the London show so there's a very faint possibility that I'll be on the dvd. in the bridge in Ich Will I was the only one I could see in the whole crowd who put my hands up for the cue.

Eisbrecher are also liked by a lot of rammstein fans hunnymonster. Never even listened to them or megaherz though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Thanks for the suggestions.

But if he likes Rammstein, and is actually German, he might already be a fan of Megaherz!

touché, but sure lets live on the edge here and pretend, it makes me look like i know stuff about music :D

Anyway....about the dvd.
    What was everyones reactions?

The only flaw I found, was that I thought the editing was a bit poor in some places. Anybody else find this?

fantastic set. everything from the packaging to the show/documentary itself. was due to get this at christmas but couldn't wait that long. the cd is class too.

and yeah, in some places the editing is a bit poor. the way the camera jittered when the bass drum was hit (from the camera behind the drumkit) was cool, before they did it for the 20th time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

God dam i must get this dvd off me drummist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Dan133269 wrote:
    I was at the London show so there's a very faint possibility that I'll be on the dvd. in the bridge in Ich Will I was the only one I could see in the whole crowd who put my hands up for the cue. .
    Sorry love but the only tracks used from the London gig were Feur Frei, Ohne Diche, Rein Raus and Sonne.
    and yeah, in some places the editing is a bit poor. the way the camera jittered when the bass drum was hit (from the camera behind the drumkit) was cool, before they did it for the 20th time
    Yeah, that got really annoying. But what I really hated was that when something was happening on the stage, the editor seemed to change to a different camera, and, for example, focus on the drummer while there was something cool happening on stage.
    Other then that I loved it though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭AsphaltRisin'

they have it in virgin, crescent shopping centre in limerick, I think... not sure if it actually right version

seriously? and I'm in UL and all but at the moment I'm over in France on co-op. I'll get onto one of the lads to go and check it out!
    was it a big package for around 100 euro can you remember?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

http://www.rammstein.com/
    The rammstein shop is taking orders for the limited edition Volkerball

Hey Nea yeah I saw it this morning, was on the mailing list, cheers for that! At last "Hallelujah"! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I saw it in a shop in Kilkenny on Saturday.

of all places, Kilkenny! :D only joking, that's cool though, BPM in Waterford got in 4 of them, can't really argue about that, and I highly doubt anywhere else in Waterford got them in, BPM are really the only place that have a decent alternative music selection. Zhivago aren't too bad either I suppose. It wasn't the BPM in Kilkenny was it? I think they have a shop there too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

No BPM in Kilkenny. It was Heartbeat City, where I saw it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

cdwow have it listed for under €22
    2 dvd's and an audio cd
    it this the same version thats costing people a fortune?

http://www.cdwow.ie/detail_results_11.php?product_code=1069538

i guess not as it has no book

Advertisement