Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Retrials

• 04-12-2006 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

This is a question relating to a hypothetical scenario and is not a request for legal advice.
    In the event of a criminal conviction having been quashed and sent back to the original court for retrial, is it usual for the retrial to be presided over by the original trial judge?

Like I say, it's not a request for legal advice. Just curious.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

I dont know but I would have thought not. Although assuming it was a jury case it might not matter too much. I would have thought definitely not though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Gobán Saor

Yes, perfectly normal. Happens all the time.
    Happening today in the Central Criminal Court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭shane_by

[HTML]Happening today in the Central Criminal Court.[/HTML]

No kidding? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Gobán Saor

Gob&#225 wrote: »
    Happening today in the Central Criminal Court.

Ahem:o Well it ALMOST happened in the Nally case. Mr. Justice Carney, who was the original trial judge, presided over the empanellment of the jury for the re-trial. I assumed (wrongly) from that he was also going to be the trial judge at the re-trial. Mea culpa. Apologies for providing duff info.:o

Advertisement